I wonder what would have happened if Destiny had been exclusive to Xbox systems.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I wonder what would have happened if Destiny had been exclusive to Xbox systems.
1 year ago#1
Would we be seeing the sales imbalance between the X1 and the PS4 that we currently are?

Would Destiny be enough of a system seller?

Was it a system seller in the other direction, especially when exclusive content and beta access were granted to the other system?

Personally, I think this is an interesting question. I also think that it's a big enough title and has enough interest that it would have improved the X1's sales (which aren't as bad as some like to make them out to be) to the point where MS may have been able to keep some of their original plans.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
1 year ago#2
People would just be unhyped about it and it would be another Titanfall and fall into obscurity.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
(message deleted)
1 year ago#4
Joey-Zaza posted...
People would just be unhyped about it and it would be another Titanfall and fall into obscurity.

Ppl like this would pretend they didn't want it and say it was just "another bland halo with loot"
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
1 year ago#5
LEGEND_725 posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

Ppl like this would pretend they didn't want it and say it was just "another bland halo with loot"

That's kinda what it is. Borderlands clone with halo skin. Sucks and i'm not getting it.
---
i5 3750k + 7870 OC + 8GB RAM and PS3 + PS4. Not touching Wii U or XB1 with a ten foot pole until they have games worth playing.
1 year ago#6
I don't play games without stories because I love myself. You shouldn't play them either.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
1 year ago#7
I think the only people who would have been complaining are the Sony fanboys bashing it as another Titanfall.

Really it is all MS fault though. They lost Bungie because all they wanted them to do was Halo. Rather than give them a creative break to try something else. The fact that Destiny was the game they actually wanted to do, should speak volumes of it. I think everyone has high hopes for it.

I really hope MS take this lession to heart and stop milking the same 3-4 series and let developers work with on new IPS and ressurecting older ones. Just look at the success with Killer Instinct.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
1 year ago#8
mike468 posted...
I think the only people who would have been complaining are the Sony fanboys bashing it as another Titanfall.

Really it is all MS fault though. They lost Bungie because all they wanted them to do was Halo. Rather than give them a creative break to try something else. The fact that Destiny was the game they actually wanted to do, should speak volumes of it. I think everyone has high hopes for it.

I really hope MS take this lession to heart and stop milking the same 3-4 series and let developers work with on new IPS and ressurecting older ones. Just look at the success with Killer Instinct.

Destiny is basically Halo Co- op addition.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
1 year ago#9
SS_MetalSonic posted...

Destiny is basically Halo Co- op addition.

It has RPG elements though too, so I would classify it more as a Halo/Borderlands hybrid. With social aspects worked in too. We have no idea how that stuff is going to all play out.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
1 year ago#10
Destiny = Borderlands Halo. I'll wait for more gameplay to see if it is really more than that.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I wonder what would have happened if Destiny had been exclusive to Xbox systems.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived