How do you prefer to play game audio?

#1eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 5/6/2014 2:57:29 PM
How do you prefer to play game audio? - Results (150 votes)
Gaming headset
30% (45 votes)
TV speakers
18.67% (28 votes)
5.1 Surround sound
25.33% (38 votes)
7.1 Surround sound
18% (27 votes)
Through a stereo
2.67% (4 votes)
Other, please mention...
5.33% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Interested to see what people prefer, as from what i can tell people seem to prefer headsets... which i personally hate having some big bulky uncomfy headset on while gaming.
---
"Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may"
GT: One Called Rich
#2kennyynnooPosted 5/6/2014 2:59:32 PM
Prefer well 7.1.
How do I play, headphones no mic. I have kids sleeping, wife sleeping, I have to play in silence.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#3eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 3:01:39 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Prefer well 7.1.
How do I play, headphones no mic. I have kids sleeping, wife sleeping, I have to play in silence.

I play with 5.1 90% of the time, but when it gets late and family are in bed i just switch over to TV speakers for 360, but plug my sennheiser earphones in for XB1.
---
#4Hudson_RLPosted 5/6/2014 3:03:38 PM
I've got a pretty sweet 5.1 set up. So that's my preference. I do like the idea of a surround sound headset but I don't need one luckily.
---
YES! YES! YES!
#5eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 3:05:31 PM
Hudson_RL posted...
I've got a pretty sweet 5.1 set up. So that's my preference. I do like the idea of a surround sound headset but I don't need one luckily.

I've had a couple, not all that good in my opinion, if you want surround sound stick to the proper thing.
---
#6TarotXIIIPosted 5/6/2014 9:20:29 PM
Beats headphones plugged in. Makes the games sound amazing.<3 I can't ever play without headphones at this point.
#7CapwnDPosted 5/6/2014 11:11:33 PM(edited)
some big bulky

ha ha!

uncomfy

HA HA!

What headsets have you been using? PC360 (using with Astro Mixamp and DSS2) are extremely comfortable. Much more comfortable than the mic that comes with the systems. Even the A40 are fairly comfortable.

And for bliss, the Sennheiser HD595 (use with DSS2 or with Astro Mixamp + modmic if you play multiplayer) are like having pillows on your ears. In fact, watching TV right now with those on my head.

It depends on the game. For FPS, headset. For Forza I prefer 7.1. For any multiplayer game, a headset because you're a douchebag if you use a regular mic + booming 7.1 system.

eLiTeRiChxUK posted...
Hudson_RL posted...

I've had a couple, not all that good in my opinion, if you want surround sound stick to the proper thing.

ha ha ha!!!! no really. What headset did you try?

I'm an audio enthusiast, I have a 7.1 system and a 2.1 system (for those times when I want to listen to music and game) and if you are sticking your nose up to the gaming headsets then you have been using crap.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#8SS_MetalSonicPosted 5/6/2014 11:10:36 PM
I use 5.1 surround sound. When it gets late I turn the volume down o_0
I have tried to use headsets in the past but I dont like them. Would rather keep it low than wear them.
After my wife falls asleep I turn the volume up a little louder but not loud enough that the two year old wakes up and comes to watch me play.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#9CapwnDPosted 5/6/2014 11:23:30 PM(edited)
SS_MetalSonic posted...
I use 5.1 surround sound. When it gets late I turn the volume down o_0
I have tried to use headsets in the past but I dont like them. Would rather keep it low than wear them.
After my wife falls asleep I turn the volume up a little louder but not loud enough that the two year old wakes up and comes to watch me play.

Makes sense. If you have a good system, you shouldn't need to have it so loud that it's waking people up. It should sound superb in the room you're in, and you shouldn't be able to hear it much at all outside that room. (bass can be loud, but if you keep that low then my point stands). Of course, it's hard to watch a bluray with that low volume, but for gaming it's usually fine.

I'm not arguing against proper systems... I'm arguing the fact that the headset options are phenomenal complements to a nice system. I voted other: Both Headsets and 7.1 depending on the game.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#10CammyApplePosted 5/6/2014 11:37:56 PM
Whichever headphones are nearest plugged into an Astromixamp+DSS Box combo run via toslink.

On PC usually a set of Steelseries Siberias because they weigh next to nothing and they serve their purpose.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.