How do you prefer to play game audio?

#21eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 1:03:40 PM
Are there any reasonable priced, decent headsets that work for both 360 and XB1?

Willing to give them one last try.
---
"Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may"
GT: One Called Rich
#22CammyApplePosted 5/8/2014 1:53:02 PM
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...
Are there any reasonable priced, decent headsets that work for both 360 and XB1?

Is voice a priority? Do you have an amp?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#23eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 2:17:46 PM
CammyApple posted...
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...

Is voice a priority? Do you have an amp?

Not too fussed on voice as long as it has a mic and people can hear me, but no i don't have an amp.

I just wish we had headsets that are just in-ear headphones with a mic, like a smartphone handsfree kit but better quality and for gaming.
---
#24I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 5/8/2014 2:27:12 PM
I love my Astro A40's with mixamp. Light and super comfy for long gaming sessions plus they sound excellent IMO.

I'm not an audiophile so they're perfect for me. If I cared, I'd probably purchase a Sennheiser headset to pair with the mixamp.

After using Astro's I will never go back to Turtle Beach. Their build quality is embarrassing.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#25eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 11:27:57 AM
I think i've found the perfect headset for myself!

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-360-headsets/ear-force-xla/53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3OjS98Purs

I have always preferred on-ear headphones so these look perfect.

And the votes results are coming just as i was thinking they would.
---
#26CapwnDPosted 5/12/2014 12:10:24 PM
You know that's not surround sound, right? They still should sound good, but it's not surround sound.

In game audio settings, you should choose "headphones" when using those. Not many games give you the option, but you should always check, no matter what kind of audio setup you're using. . That way, the game should process that audio into something more like dolby headphone, like the Mixamp and DSS2 do.

But if you're using a surround sound headphone set, you should pick "5.1" or "7.1" or "Surround Sound/Home Theater" in the game audio settings.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#27The_DeskPosted 5/12/2014 12:25:50 PM
I just use the TV speakers as I don't really care. Audio is rarely a big deal for me.
#28eLiTeRiChxUK(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 12:35:29 PM
CapwnD posted...
You know that's not surround sound, right? They still should sound good, but it's not surround sound.

In game audio settings, you should choose "headphones" when using those. Not many games give you the option, but you should always check, no matter what kind of audio setup you're using. . That way, the game should process that audio into something more like dolby headphone, like the Mixamp and DSS2 do.

But if you're using a surround sound headphone set, you should pick "5.1" or "7.1" or "Surround Sound/Home Theater" in the game audio settings.

Any ideas what this "receiver" is that he says he uses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3OjS98Purs
---
#29TBONE_OGPosted 5/12/2014 12:56:42 PM
Never been a headset guy... really ever. But I finally got one for my X1 (the Polk 4shot), and I love it. I feel like I've been missing out on so much sound.
---
Always O.G.