titanfall sells a million in 3 weeks.

#31AkumaOutsider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 3:45:41 PM
zinsindetta posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
That's rather disappointing ya think?
The amount of free copies and bundles

Infamous SS broke the million in 9 days. Less than half the time it took TF.

Thoughts?

If Sony fans can only enjoy games that sell well how do they explain there poor selling weeaboo games? My local Gamestop sold more Titanfall copies then the Neptunia games sold worldwide. Sales do not mean a thing. Hell Nintendogs has sold more then most everyones top ten list combine. What does that mean? Kinect Disneyland has sold more then Demon Souls. What does that mean? Need I go on? Playing your game and shut up.

Lol I literally said TF was great?

I just wanted to discuss it. I think they game it was advertised as and it was basically the biggest game changer in a long time. I find the numbers were underwhelming.

and no. I won't shut up. Thanks. Stop being hurt
---
www.twitch.tv/feelmeclover
#32ExempliGratiaPosted 5/6/2014 3:47:33 PM
Mobius1Rising posted...
Who cares.

Trolls do.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#33zinsindettaPosted 5/6/2014 3:51:45 PM
AkumaOutsider posted...
zinsindetta posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...

Thoughts?

If Sony fans can only enjoy games that sell well how do they explain there poor selling weeaboo games? My local Gamestop sold more Titanfall copies then the Neptunia games sold worldwide. Sales do not mean a thing. Hell Nintendogs has sold more then most everyones top ten list combine. What does that mean? Kinect Disneyland has sold more then Demon Souls. What does that mean? Need I go on? Playing your game and shut up.

I just wanted to discuss it. I think they game it was advertised as and it was basically the biggest game changer in a long time. I find the numbers were underwhelming.

What do you want to discuss? Really? You find the numbers underwhelming, well oh damn they better just close up shop now because the only goal developers of Titanfall aimed for was the expectation of user name AkumaOutsider on gamefaq.com. Lord knows meeting his expectations truly puts into perspective how successful a game is...

I wasted enough time on you.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#34DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 5/6/2014 3:53:17 PM
zinsindetta posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
zinsindetta posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...

Thoughts?

What do you want to discuss? Really? You find the numbers underwhelming, well oh damn they better just close up shop now because the only goal developers of Titanfall aimed for was the expectation of user name AkumaOutsider on gamefaq.com. Lord knows meeting his expectations truly puts into perspective how successful a game is...

I wasted enough time on you.

literally laugh out loud
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#35iamdanthamanPosted 5/6/2014 3:54:05 PM
SparkItUp posted...
dray3214 posted...
its US only, only xbox one, and only hard copies, not digital. id say thats pretty good

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5688576/titanfall-sales-first-month-us-retail

Nice, 925,000 copies over 3 different platforms.

Also, use something other than Polygon (a company that took $750,000 from Microsoft for a "documentary"). Microsoft practically solely funded the site.

That number was from before the 360 version was released. It also only included disc-based sales of the game. How many PC gamers do you know that still buy disc-based versions of games?
---
All your base are belong to us
#36squarex8264Posted 5/6/2014 3:55:52 PM
Actually, these numbers are extremely impressive.

NPD only counts US sales, and it only tracks physical copies.

So everyone who bought digital (either Xbox One or PC), is not included in that figure. Also, all those Titanfall bundles only included digital tokens for the game, so none of those are included either.

So what you are left with is 925k of Xbox One, physical-only, US-only sales. Taking into account PC sales worldwide, digital X1 sales worldwide, and physical sales outside the US, Titanfall likely sold a few million in those 3 weeks...
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#37SparkItUpPosted 5/6/2014 3:59:54 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
SparkItUp posted...
dray3214 posted...
its US only, only xbox one, and only hard copies, not digital. id say thats pretty good

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5688576/titanfall-sales-first-month-us-retail

Nice, 925,000 copies over 3 different platforms.

Also, use something other than Polygon (a company that took $750,000 from Microsoft for a "documentary"). Microsoft practically solely funded the site.

That number was from before the 360 version was released. It also only included disc-based sales of the game. How many PC gamers do you know that still buy disc-based versions of games?

ah you are correct (as far as the X360) and for that I do apologize. As far as PC however, I know plenty of people that use discs still. Don't get me wrong, I recognize that there are digi sales as well (not represented in those numbers), but disc sales are not as obsolete as you are making them out to be. I can't think of a gaming vendor (that sells PC games) that doesn't sell the game with discs.
#38ExempliGratiaPosted 5/6/2014 4:00:49 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Actually, these numbers are extremely impressive.

NPD only counts US sales, and it only tracks physical copies.

So everyone who bought digital (either Xbox One or PC), is not included in that figure. Also, all those Titanfall bundles only included digital tokens for the game, so none of those are included either.

So what you are left with is 925k of Xbox One, physical-only, US-only sales. Taking into account PC sales worldwide, digital X1 sales worldwide, and physical sales outside the US, Titanfall likely sold a few million in those 3 weeks...

Don't try to use logic man. He has facts. Lol.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#39PRO7IFICPosted 5/6/2014 4:10:45 PM
TITANFLOP

1 Million in 9 days > 1 Million in 30 days

The exclusivity deal with Microsoft really hurt them, in terms of TITANFLOP becoming the next COD.
#40AkumaOutsider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 4:17:30 PM
I was hoping to talk about the expectations of the game.
How people felt about the numbers.
If the absolute huge marketing was worth it.
If you felt fps as a genre was getting dated as I:SS did well as its competition.
If people were overall thinking it was worth MS pushing and paying for exclusivity.
But nope. I'm trolling because I mention something that people misread as attacking their beloved diety of Xbone.
The majority of people on this board cry and complain that it's filled with troll topics. So I put up a non troll and it's apparently "stealth trolling"

The board is a pathetic hypochondriac of a place where 9 out of 10 bash trolls and fanboys but realistically are exactly what they preach to be against.
Utterly pathetic.
---
www.twitch.tv/feelmeclover