Does anybody REALLY care about Xbox vs Playstation?

#41EnmaDaio2588Posted 5/6/2014 8:46:40 PM
Competition is a good thing but the console war thing doesn't really interest me. Besides, I'm more into Nintendo so I'm not even involved in this war.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#42renskyfirePosted 5/6/2014 9:07:12 PM
There are some that care about it and would love XBox 1 to fail. The reasons being selfish but there being an actual point, being that they only own an PS4 and with XBox 1 gone all the developers will make it for their system. I say selfish because it is at the expense of those who only own an XBox 1. Of course that leads to another type, who hate XBox for people being mean to them on the PS3 boards and seek revenge. Those people are the most petty.

I suppose there are those that want PS4 to be the sole system because they think just having to work with one platform will lead to better games, though some meh exclusives for the PS3 and 360 seem to disprove that.

There are also the people that see it as a sort of "sports team" and want Sony to "win."

As for myself, the only reason I care about it is because to the trolls, which can either be entertaining or annoying.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#43mikel86Posted 5/6/2014 9:37:39 PM
weezygd posted...
None of us get any profits from this "war". So what's the big deal? People should just buy what they want, play it and enjoy it. We are all just gamers at the end of the day.

Amen to that.
#44Homie_202Posted 5/6/2014 9:59:24 PM
Not really. People are going to like what they like. Last gen I liked the 360 more then my ps3 for about 85% of the console gen. Then Sony continued to release new IPs and ms just stopped. Which made me prefer them. They seem to be doing the same thing this gen. But does that make the xbox worse? To some maybe but not really its subjective. If you like halo and gear get and xbox. If you like uncharted, last of us, god of war etc etc go with a playstation.
#45Bill_BurrPosted 5/6/2014 10:13:45 PM
Arius_de_Galdri posted...
blacklabelice posted...
just a bunch of people having to act like children arguing over pixels and sales figures to try to reassure themselves of their purchase when they can only afford one console

This is elitist ignorance. The only thing worse than fighting over which console is better is assuming that the only reason everyone doesn't have both is because they can't afford it. This is a form of reassurance too, you know? You're trying to reassure yourself that you're so much better off than everyone else because you can afford BOTH of the new systems.

There are some people, like me, who just don't care to own an Xbox One right now, and it has nothing to do with what I can or can't afford. I did, however, buy 2 PS4s: one for myself, and one for my wife, so we can play online together.

good for you buddy. I just hope I don't see posting something trolley about the xbone since you are so happy with your purchases.
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#46ZerabpPosted 5/6/2014 10:14:15 PM
No but a lot of us care about MS vs the consumer...

As well as the U.S. Government Vs everyone...

Both things Microsoft has made clear it's position on.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#47MasterFenix95Posted 5/6/2014 10:40:16 PM
Not really, but I still like to play along.
#48geodANGERPosted 5/6/2014 10:45:32 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
Pumpedu posted...
We need Microsoft and Sony. If one did quit consoles. We would all be screwed.

We were doing just fine (better, even) before Xbox.

it's funny because your worst list is my favorites and most anticipated games of 2014.

more like we were doing just fine before you bought a computer.
---
http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/geodanger25
GT:Geodanger25
#49CMX5Posted 5/6/2014 10:53:19 PM
Nope. Both consoles are great. Played both multiple times. Waiting for Halo 5, That's when I get my One.

Just like last gen. Own all the consoles. Enjoy all the games. Just my view on it.
---
PSN/XBL-CMX5
Batman:Arkham Knight. Destiny. Alien:Isolation. Evil Within. Call of Duty:A.W. The hype is overwhelming.
#50Madgamer4everPosted 5/6/2014 11:34:38 PM
I could give a crap about which console. I'm not trying to be rude by saying I have better things to do than troll message boards trying to make "ponies" and "bots" rage. Its a little pathetic to watch though
---
2000 karma yo