Did Microsoft make a mistake revealing the price of Xbox One before Sony's PS4?

#1aheroafakePosted 5/6/2014 7:36:37 PM
Did Microsoft make a mistake announcing Xbox One's price before PS4? - Results (229 votes)
Yes
34.5% (79 votes)
No
3.49% (8 votes)
The price probably would've remained the same
62.01% (142 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just something that crossed my mind.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#2SnoicFactorPosted 5/6/2014 7:38:18 PM
Nothing is stopping them from lowering right now, so it would have been the same.
---
nt
#3InterzoneMantraPosted 5/6/2014 7:39:51 PM(edited)
Stuff like that can't be changed on the fly. THe pricing and everything are plan well ahead of time. Even if sony came out first and said that the ps4 would be 399, ms would have still came out and said the x1 is 499.
#4aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 7:39:44 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
Nothing is stopping them from lowering right now, so it would have been the same.

That's what I was thinking but I was curious to what others thought.
---
#5KenhorouPosted 5/6/2014 8:32:38 PM
Wasn't Sony Originally planning to bundle their camera with the console and sell for $500 but decided against it last minute because Microsoft was doing the same? Either way, Sony would have been more willing to reverse their decision on the camera even if they originally announced it at E3.
---
"COD: Be at the right place, at the right time"-Ragdoll47
QFT
#6aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 8:40:26 PM
Kenhorou posted...
Wasn't Sony Originally planning to bundle their camera with the console and sell for $500 but decided against it last minute because Microsoft was doing the same? Either way, Sony would have been more willing to reverse their decision on the camera even if they originally announced it at E3.

I heard that but I never came across any proof.
---
#7Run_2_the_HillsPosted 5/6/2014 8:49:48 PM
The PR guy can't just change the price even if Sony came out first.
#8Garage_ManPosted 5/6/2014 8:50:11 PM
Kenhorou posted...

That is something people say..kinda like Sony planned on DRM up until the e3 stage but magically changed everything in no time to no DRM.

There are just no credible sources on it other than...Sony had a patent on DRM so it MUST BE TRUE.
#9fanboymaycryPosted 5/6/2014 9:25:23 PM
Imo, MS made a mistake by releasing a $499 console in the first place. It's traditionally outside of that sweet spot range for a console. Then again, they were aiming to put out an "all in one" device. Not sure if that was a good idea either. But they can definitely still right the ship.

They're not doing bad, but they have a shot at doing a lot better with some key adjustments. Good exclusives, some strong 3rd party support, and a more competitive pricing strategy could really shake things up going forward.
#10DarthUchiha91Posted 5/6/2014 9:35:13 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Kenhorou posted...

That is something people say..kinda like Sony planned on DRM up until the e3 stage but magically changed everything in no time to no DRM.

There are just no credible sources on it other than...Sony had a patent on DRM so it MUST BE TRUE.

If Sony ever did planned on having DRM on their console, they changed their minds WAY before the MS backlash. There's no way they did after the hate.
---
You can find me in da club, bottle full of bub, man I got that X-1, if you into playing wit scrubs
- 50 cent