Did Microsoft make a mistake revealing the price of Xbox One before Sony's PS4?

#11Shinobi120Posted 5/8/2014 12:09:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12DemonedgePosted 5/8/2014 12:10:24 PM
Yes as by revealing the price before Sony's conference it gave them the chance to strip the PS Eye out of the console bundle. and undercut them.
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
#13Shinobi120Posted 5/8/2014 12:13:10 PM(edited)
Doesn't matter who goes first. E3 events are always planned months in advance.

DarthUchiha91 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Kenhorou posted...
Wasn't Sony Originally planning to bundle their camera with the console and sell for $500 but decided against it last minute because Microsoft was doing the same? Either way, Sony would have been more willing to reverse their decision on the camera even if they originally announced it at E3.

That is something people say..kinda like Sony planned on DRM up until the e3 stage but magically changed everything in no time to no DRM.

There are just no credible sources on it other than...Sony had a patent on DRM so it MUST BE TRUE.

If Sony ever did planned on having DRM on their console, they changed their minds WAY before the MS backlash. There's no way they did after the hate.

There was never any DRM on PS4 in the first place. As a matter of fact, Yoshida flat out said on their February conference last year that PS4 would play used games, & that was WAY before E3 last year.

Sony's not that stupid to sabotage possible goodwill for PS4 after what had happened to them with PS3 & the $599 price tag & with the PSN scandals.

Demonedge posted...
Yes as by revealing the price before Sony's conference it gave them the chance to strip the PS Eye out of the console bundle. and undercut them.

Do you honestly believe that Sony could easily gotten their camera out & lower the price of the console in just a few hours? LMAO. This stuff is planned months in advance, son.
#14MetroidFan9999Posted 5/8/2014 12:11:59 PM
Yes that....6 or so hours in between, gave sony just enough time to come up with a business model that would last a couple years at least.

Makes complete sense.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#15BeefEasterPosted 5/8/2014 12:20:38 PM
the people that claim sony intended to include the camera and drm but changed it due to MS's disastrous announcement are truly sad individuals

they would have had to pull off some sort of miracle of business efficiency to enact a change of that magnitude in such a short period of time
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#16RybalPosted 5/8/2014 12:24:17 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Do you honestly believe that Sony could easily gotten their camera out & lower the price of the console in just a few hours? LMAO. This stuff is planned months in advance, son.

While I don't think that happened, they could have had several options available based on what MS did. I'm certain that they had several potential price points in mind. There is little doubt that they intended to undercut MS as a reaction to their previous launch, but they also wouldn't have wanted to go too far below MS.

At the original reveal, they mentioned that the camera would come standard. That is one thing that they changed between February and June, but they also said all along that their used games policy would remain the same as it had been. They probably gauged the reaction to MS's Kinect requirement, which would have solidified their decision to unbundle it, but that was still before E3.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#17AceMagasePosted 5/8/2014 12:25:28 PM
BeefEaster posted...
the people that claim sony intended to include the camera and drm but changed it due to MS's disastrous announcement are truly sad individuals

they would have had to pull off some sort of miracle of business efficiency to enact a change of that magnitude in such a short period of time

It's already been confirmed that the camera was pulled to lower the price, there's a million stories about it. here's one: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/26/sony-sacrificed-the-playstation-4-camera-to-beat-microsoft-on-price

If you watched E3 you would have noticed that all the promotional material had the camera with the system.

What's truly sad are people who are so blinded by fanboyism they live in a fantasy world
#18BeefEasterPosted 5/8/2014 12:29:30 PM
the camera is only $60 and the ps4 would have been cheaper even if they included it

and in no way are any of those articles proof they intended to bundle it with the console, it's pure speculation

and where does fanboyism come in to play? I own MS, sony, and nintendo products

someone's got their panties in a bunch
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#19AceMagasePosted 5/8/2014 12:37:32 PM
BeefEaster posted...
the camera is only $60 and the ps4 would have been cheaper even if they included it

and in no way are any of those articles proof they intended to bundle it with the console, it's pure speculation

and where does fanboyism come in to play? I own MS, sony, and nintendo products

someone's got their panties in a bunch

What your doing is speculation. You have zero evidence to support your claims. When multiple sites have multiple sources it's highly likely that's true. It's a whole lot more believable then some guy named beefeaster on gamefaqs.

Sony supporters seem to think that cutting the cam to undercut MS is a negitve towards sony but why would trying to beat the competition be a bad thing? It may be sony comprimising their vision but it probably will work out for consumers since it seems sony doesn't have any software for the thing anyway
#20ExempliGratiaPosted 5/8/2014 12:41:48 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Doesn't matter who goes first. E3 events are always planned months in advance.

DarthUchiha91 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Kenhorou posted...
Wasn't Sony Originally planning to bundle their camera with the console and sell for $500 but decided against it last minute because Microsoft was doing the same? Either way, Sony would have been more willing to reverse their decision on the camera even if they originally announced it at E3.

That is something people say..kinda like Sony planned on DRM up until the e3 stage but magically changed everything in no time to no DRM.

There are just no credible sources on it other than...Sony had a patent on DRM so it MUST BE TRUE.

If Sony ever did planned on having DRM on their console, they changed their minds WAY before the MS backlash. There's no way they did after the hate.

There was never any DRM on PS4 in the first place. As a matter of fact, Yoshida flat out said on their February conference last year that PS4 would play used games, & that was WAY before E3 last year.

Sony's not that stupid to sabotage possible goodwill for PS4 after what had happened to them with PS3 & the $599 price tag & with the PSN scandals.

Demonedge posted...

What????? The console wasn't released until later in the year they could have done anything they wanted to the price. The console probably wasn't even being produced yet around that time.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia