"Xbox One Sales Will Dominate America in 2016, Reports IDC"

#21SoulTrapperPosted 5/7/2014 1:38:38 AM
slyman19 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

What do you think is, than?

Because that certainly sounds like he means "the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch".

It doesn't necessarily mean the restrictions need to come back also, just things like family sharing. Do you honestly think Microsoft would try again after seeing the extreme backlash that happened?

Again, "the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch" is what he said.
He didn't say "the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch without the ridiculous restrictions".
#22SaltyBotzPosted 5/7/2014 1:42:28 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...

Uh.. what.

You heard me. I liked the DRM idea from the get-go. It would have meant cheaper games for everybody. We would have gotten steam-like deals on games on XBL. No used games = far better prices on digital releases. I'd rather give my money to the developers than a store like gamestop. Screw gamestop, they can go belly up for all I care. MS knows whats better for you whether you realize it or not.
#23aszsithPosted 5/7/2014 1:40:59 AM
It is a shame that every single attempt at an intelligent debate on this site always has similar results:

You are ignoring 10 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#24dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 1:51:07 AM
SaltyBotz posted...
dnmt posted...

Uh.. what.

You heard me. I liked the DRM idea from the get-go. It would have meant cheaper games for everybody. We would have gotten steam-like deals on games on XBL. No used games = far better prices on digital releases. I'd rather give my money to the developers than a store like gamestop. Screw gamestop, they can go belly up for all I care. MS knows whats better for you whether you realize it or not.

But.. PSN is already doing a ton of Steam-like sales today. What's stopping MS from doing the same?
#25stawg007Posted 5/7/2014 3:05:50 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
slyman19 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

What do you think is, than?

Because that certainly sounds like he means "the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch".

It doesn't necessarily mean the restrictions need to come back also, just things like family sharing. Do you honestly think Microsoft would try again after seeing the extreme backlash that happened?

Again, "the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch" is what he said.
He didn't say "the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch without the ridiculous restrictions".

Like the guy said, if you honestly think that MS would bring back the restrictions that have damaged so badly since E3, you're as idiotic as MS initially were
#26wake_me_420Posted 5/7/2014 3:13:20 AM
dnmt posted...
Omega_Black posted...
dnmt posted...
An interesting tidbit from that same report:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-06-ps4-to-lead-all-consoles-with-51-million-sold-by-2016-idc
Indeed.
IDC definitely believes that Sony's console will certainly be the worldwide leader in 2016 and I don't doubt it.
However, I can't help feeling that the 51 million figure seems a bit exaggerated.
Then again, I would have thought the same of the apparent 4.2 million sales in just 2013 alone so...

The Wii sold about 66 million in that same time frame so I think 51 million is definitely possible.

The Wii was an anomaly and a casual gamer and even a previous non-gamer's dream. I really don't think you can use that as a basis to say PS4 is likely to get near those sales.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#27wake_me_420Posted 5/7/2014 3:15:31 AM
SaltyBotz posted...
dnmt posted...

Uh.. what.

This is all speculation on how the DRM would work. You are assuming that once MS had a complete control over used games/drm etc they would pass savings on to the consumer and not keep profits for themselves. They'd probably run the Blockbuster video play. Lower your prices to run all the mom and pop shops out of business then jack up the prices ($12 for a 3 day game rental smh)
---
#28dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 3:21:34 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
dnmt posted...
Omega_Black posted...
dnmt posted...
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-06-ps4-to-lead-all-consoles-with-51-million-sold-by-2016-idc
Indeed.
IDC definitely believes that Sony's console will certainly be the worldwide leader in 2016 and I don't doubt it.
However, I can't help feeling that the 51 million figure seems a bit exaggerated.
Then again, I would have thought the same of the apparent 4.2 million sales in just 2013 alone so...

The Wii sold about 66 million in that same time frame so I think 51 million is definitely possible.

The Wii was an anomaly and a casual gamer and even a previous non-gamer's dream. I really don't think you can use that as a basis to say PS4 is likely to get near those sales.

I guess you didn't hear but the PS4 has been selling ridiculously well since launch, about on par with Wii sales over the same amount of time. I'm not saying 51 million is guaranteed but it's definitely within reason.
#29wake_me_420Posted 5/7/2014 3:26:03 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
wake_me_420 posted...
dnmt posted...
Omega_Black posted...
dnmt posted...
Indeed.

I guess you didn't hear but the PS4 has been selling ridiculously well since launch, about on par with Wii sales over the same amount of time. I'm not saying 51 million is guaranteed but it's definitely within reason.

Is it possible to come to GameFaqs and not read the PS4 is selling 'ridiculously well' about 20 times in 10 minutes? (ps4 owner here)

In a near 10 year life span? sure, I think it is within reason. By the end of 2016 I think is a lot less likely IMO
---
#30ejay8320Posted 5/7/2014 4:40:56 AM
@wake_me_420

So your saying the PS4 will sell drastically less than the PS3? Cause you know the PS3 is less than 8 years old and at 80 Million...