"Xbox One Sales Will Dominate America in 2016, Reports IDC"

#41quincy2000aPosted 5/7/2014 6:48:36 AM
SaltyBotz posted...
... MS knows whats better for you whether you realize it or not.

Zunes, Windows 8, and Kinects for everyone!!!!
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#42chaotix42Posted 5/7/2014 6:51:13 AM
SaltyBotz posted...
dnmt posted...

Uh.. what.

You heard me. I liked the DRM idea from the get-go. It would have meant cheaper games for everybody. We would have gotten steam-like deals on games on XBL. No used games = far better prices on digital releases. I'd rather give my money to the developers than a store like gamestop. Screw gamestop, they can go belly up for all I care. MS knows whats better for you whether you realize it or not.

LOL @ that double edit, just to make the post even more inflammatory. Troll on, brave alt.
---
GT: Falchion Sensei
Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it. - curtland
#43blitz_0623Posted 5/7/2014 6:54:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#44cmincPosted 5/7/2014 7:02:11 AM
Getting rid of kinect amounts to be stupid in my opinion, but if ms was really serious about sticking it to sony in a way that would likely drive them out of the market, ms would release a bundle that had a kinectless xb1 with halo and a year of gold for $350.

Thats not a good move because it would spur xb1 sales, though it would (at the cost of higher losses). It's a good move because sony would have no choice but to do, at least, the very same to remain competitive. And, as sony's said, they cant afford to absorb losses like that this time.

Ms has a long way to go to make up for the bad tastes that mattrick and the drm fallout left in everyone's mouth. It'd be expensive, but i think that ms doing that would win more people over than most sony supporters would like to admit or have you believe.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#45kyncaniPosted 5/7/2014 7:11:32 AM
Omega_Black posted...
dnmt posted...
The Wii sold about 66 million in that same time frame so I think 51 million is definitely possible.
Good point, however the Wii had a unique gimmick on its side at the time and people were eager to snap them up as fast as Nintendo could manufacture them.

The PS4 is currently selling pretty darn good however it does not have that instant casual appeal on its side like the Wii did. I would not rule out a definitive drop in sales for PS4 just as much as I would expect sales to continue climbing in every territory except Japan.

The PS2 sold 155 million units.
#46SabramPosted 5/7/2014 7:11:51 AM
slyman19 posted...
dnmt posted...
I'm not entirely sure there will even be an Xbone in 2016.

Sony is pretty much the only one in true danger of dropping out and even that is unlikely.

Sony's in danger of dropping out? Hardly. Keep in mind this is the same souce Xtrolls were drooling over some time ago when all the "Sony has 79% chance of going bankrupt in 2 years! DOOOOOMED!!!" topics were everywhere.

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/SNE--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NTDOY.PK--Probability_Of_Bankruptcy
---
I am completely original with my usernames... Starbound and Terraria are great
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#47blitz_0623Posted 5/7/2014 7:25:25 AM
slyman19 posted...
dnmt posted...

Sony is pretty much the only one in true danger of dropping out and even that is unlikely.

Sure, in terms of finances.

But we're talking PlayStation and Xbox not Sony and Microsoft, and while the Xbox isn't in danger of being let go, it has more chances of being dropped than PlayStation is
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#48Enigma149Posted 5/7/2014 7:26:03 AM
Sabram posted...
slyman19 posted...
dnmt posted...

Sony's in danger of dropping out? Hardly. Keep in mind this is the same souce Xtrolls were drooling over some time ago when all the "Sony has 79% chance of going bankrupt in 2 years! DOOOOOMED!!!" topics were everywhere.

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/SNE--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NTDOY.PK--Probability_Of_Bankruptcy

I think you missed the "even that's unlikely" part.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#49dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 7:31:18 AM
kyncani posted...
Omega_Black posted...
dnmt posted...
The Wii sold about 66 million in that same time frame so I think 51 million is definitely possible.
Good point, however the Wii had a unique gimmick on its side at the time and people were eager to snap them up as fast as Nintendo could manufacture them.

The PS4 is currently selling pretty darn good however it does not have that instant casual appeal on its side like the Wii did. I would not rule out a definitive drop in sales for PS4 just as much as I would expect sales to continue climbing in every territory except Japan.

The PS2 sold 155 million units.

Shh, let him have his fun. ):
#50wake_me_420Posted 5/7/2014 7:35:35 AM(edited)
ejay8320 posted...
@wake_me_420

So your saying the PS4 will sell drastically less than the PS3? Cause you know the PS3 is less than 8 years old and at 80 Million...

Will the PS4 be 8 years old in 2016? If not, how many were sold 2.5 years into the lifespan of the PS3. Hint: less than 80 million. Conclusion: your comparison is invalid.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA