Microsoft's parity clause makes more games not release on XBone

#1AceviperPosted 5/7/2014 4:05:00 AM
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a568620/the-swapper-mousecraft-titan-attacks-by-curve-ruled-out-for-xbox-one.html#~oDzOPpH3Enqotg
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#2GeistPosted 5/7/2014 4:13:11 AM
Less indie games may not be such a bad thing. They're not exactly the best things ever, most of the time they are far from it. Not like were missing out on Fallout 4 after all, so I wouldn't worry.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#3TheMeanRockPosted 5/7/2014 4:22:53 AM
Indy games are the future. Unless you are content to wait months and months for each AAA only to find out it is pretty doodoo. (Killzone, Knack, Infamous, DR3, Forza, this whole damn generaton so far)

Costs are soaring, and development times are lengthening. When things don't sell as well as planned the bigger devs will scale back also.

All of this is speculation, just the course I see running. Just look at the quantity of good games from PSX/PS2/Xbox/GCN vs PS3/360/Wii. (Granted PSX/2 definitely made up most of that quantity.. there were more good games on either one of those consoles than the entirety of last gen)
---
Did you love Socom 1/2?
https://www.sofstudios.com H-Hour
#4dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 4:25:30 AM
Geist posted...
Less indie games may not be such a bad thing. They're not exactly the best things ever, most of the time they are far from it. Not like were missing out on Fallout 4 after all, so I wouldn't worry.

You literally just said that less games is better. How is it possible to be this obtuse?
#5Rainy_David1Posted 5/7/2014 4:29:42 AM
dnmt posted...
Geist posted...

You literally just said that less games is better. How is it possible to be this obtuse?

Needs more time to watch the Halo TV show. Can't be bogged down with games.
#6LapanuiPosted 5/7/2014 4:31:38 AM
Indie developers are a breath of fresh air to the industry. With the 360, anyone could develop a game and put it on the marketplace, it's good to have indie games, but not they way this was set up on the 360. You would have to shovel through a lot of trash to find something good. You would also find a lot of clones of games as well.

The process at the moment is a little more strict, but it allows for some quality titles to be put up without digging through clones and trash. The more success an indie developer gets the better the games.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#7dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 4:33:59 AM
Lapanui posted...
Indie developers are a breath of fresh air to the industry. With the 360, anyone could develop a game and put it on the marketplace, it's good to have indie games, but not they way this was set up on the 360. You would have to shovel through a lot of trash to find something good. You would also find a lot of clones of games as well.

The process at the moment is a little more strict, but it allows for some quality titles to be put up without digging through clones and trash. The more success an indie developer gets the better the games.

Sony seems to be handling their indies very well without resorting to a silly parity clause. Why isn't MS following their lead?
#8Rainy_David1Posted 5/7/2014 4:34:21 AM
Lapanui posted...

You can do that without having the restriction of release parity. Quality control relating to self-publishing is unrelated to where a game releases first.
#9TevrenPosted 5/7/2014 4:37:15 AM
The parity clause makes more sense if X1 was on equal footing with PS4. Except it isn't. Describing it as handcuffs is pretty accurate. Surprised Spencer hasn't axed this yet, bu I suppose that would be seen as another 180 if he did.
---
PSN: Tarqosis
#10ObtikPosted 5/7/2014 4:47:48 AM
Geist posted...

I couldn't agree more. Looking through Steam and seeing game after game after game that literally nobody wants. I hope Xbox stays away from this method that Steam has taken.