Microsoft's parity clause makes more games not release on XBone

#11GeistPosted 5/7/2014 4:51:48 AM
TheMeanRock posted...
Indy games are the future. Unless you are content to wait months and months for each AAA only to find out it is pretty doodoo. (Killzone, Knack, Infamous, DR3, Forza, this whole damn generaton so far)

Costs are soaring, and development times are lengthening. When things don't sell as well as planned the bigger devs will scale back also.

All of this is speculation, just the course I see running. Just look at the quantity of good games from PSX/PS2/Xbox/GCN vs PS3/360/Wii. (Granted PSX/2 definitely made up most of that quantity.. there were more good games on either one of those consoles than the entirety of last gen)

This same argument was made last gen, go look at the 360 and PS3 indie library and ask yourself is that the future you want?
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#12Aceviper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 4:56:46 AM
you guys do know that the swapper is reviewed VERY favorably already right? and the other ones out have decent reviews

why are people trying to bring a quality issue here

if anything

it is preventing precisely the quality indies you want from releasing here
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#13chrish909Posted 5/7/2014 5:01:58 AM
Less games is better when the games are shovelware. Say what you will about indies, almost all of them are the equivalent of playing an app on my phone.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#14Rainy_David1Posted 5/7/2014 5:02:57 AM
chrish909 posted...
Less games is better when the games are shovelware. Say what you will about indies, almost all of them are the equivalent of playing an app on my phone.

You hate Bryan Cranston, so your opinion doesn't matter.
#15orestes1981Posted 5/7/2014 6:04:46 AM
Rainy_David1 posted...
chrish909 posted...

You hate Bryan Cranston, so your opinion doesn't matter.

Cranston's reading of Petrcy Bysshe Shelly's Ozymandias was fantastic.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#16method115Posted 5/7/2014 6:33:46 AM
Geist posted...
Less indie games may not be such a bad thing. They're not exactly the best things ever, most of the time they are far from it. Not like were missing out on Fallout 4 after all, so I wouldn't worry.

Yea the only indie game that's been worth it so far is Dead Nation. Me and my GF are really enjoying it otherwise I agree your not missing anything IMO I'm sure others would disagree.

X1 did miss bound by flame though and as an RPG nut that's a big hit and if I only had the X1 I would be kind of pissed. I don't have any of my old systems anymore so that would not have been an option. It's been a really great game if you love RPGs.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#17mokmuudPosted 5/7/2014 6:35:55 AM
Aceviper posted...
you guys do know that the swapper is reviewed VERY favorably already right? and the other ones out have decent reviews

why are people trying to bring a quality issue here

if anything

it is preventing precisely the quality indies you want from releasing here

Exactly
You could have an amazing title but if its released elsewhere already then its not coming to Xbox.
IMO that's a bad thing.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#18AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/7/2014 7:00:45 AM
Only on the Xbox One board could less games be seen as a positive thing.

SMH.

Xbox fans have become as desperate for spin as Nintendo fans. How embarrassing.
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee
#19bridog346Posted 5/7/2014 7:23:33 AM
Eww, indie games are crap. I'm looking forward not back at some poorly done wannabe games that focus on nostalgia. I also really dislike all the people that make those games because they act like they're better because they can only use technology that is twenty years old and that makes their crap better than modern games. God I hope this fad dies quick.
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#20MonicasBackPosted 5/7/2014 7:24:17 AM
Yes but its only indie games not being released, so its actually a win.
---
Monicaaa