Microsoft's parity clause makes more games not release on XBone

#21HelmesSeiferPosted 5/7/2014 7:43:02 AM
dnmt posted...
Geist posted...
Less indie games may not be such a bad thing. They're not exactly the best things ever, most of the time they are far from it. Not like were missing out on Fallout 4 after all, so I wouldn't worry.

You literally just said that less games is better. How is it possible to be this obtuse?

Exactly. Wasn't State of Decay an "indie" game? That as pretty awesome to me.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles PSN: AdmiralMiles
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7052336/
#22TheGam3925Posted 5/7/2014 7:51:39 AM
HelmesSeifer posted...
dnmt posted...
Geist posted...
Less indie games may not be such a bad thing. They're not exactly the best things ever, most of the time they are far from it. Not like were missing out on Fallout 4 after all, so I wouldn't worry.

You literally just said that less games is better. How is it possible to be this obtuse?

Exactly. Wasn't State of Decay an "indie" game? That as pretty awesome to me.

Yeah but that's different, State of Decay came out on a Microsoft console. You just don't understand fanboy logic at all.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#23LooksLikeRainPosted 5/7/2014 7:57:09 AM
The parity clause:

MS- Hey we're going to give you a bunch of free tools and services. The only stipulation is you can't release a game somewhere else before Xbox, okay?

Devs- okay!

Devs- hey I know we had an agreement, but is it cool of we develop and publish somewhere else, and maybe we'll get around to you at some point. We'll see.

MS- Uh. No. That wasn't what you agreed to.

Devs- WHAT NO FAIR STUPID CLAUSE.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#24Rainy_David1Posted 5/7/2014 8:03:29 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
The parity clause:

MS- Hey we're going to give you a bunch of free tools and services. The only stipulation is you can't release a game somewhere else before Xbox, okay?

Devs- okay!

Devs- hey I know we had an agreement, but is it cool of we develop and publish somewhere else, and maybe we'll get around to you at some point. We'll see.

As always on this board, ignoring the fact that an indie developer has no way of self publishing without going through the program, and acting like they're doing it to just get free stuff.
#25LooksLikeRainPosted 5/7/2014 8:10:36 AM
Rainy_David1 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
The parity clause:

Devs- okay!

As always on this board, ignoring the fact that an indie developer has no way of self publishing without going through the program, and acting like they're doing it to just get free stuff.

And I'd like to take a minute to be thankful indie devs cannot self publish. Also, they don't have to go through the program. They can find a publisher. This will help ensure we get quality indies and not hundreds of crappy games.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#26MonicasBackPosted 5/7/2014 8:14:16 AM
Honestly people who say this is a bad thing never owneda 360, there were thousands of terrible indie games.
---
Monicaaa
#27kyncaniPosted 5/7/2014 8:22:14 AM(edited)
The Xbox One has already lost :

- the AAA games

- the gamers

I don't think loosing indie games as well is Microsoft's biggest concern right now.
#28MetroidFan9999Posted 5/7/2014 8:25:37 AM(edited)
If there are good indie games, even a few a year, it's worth it to support the concept overall.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#29leatheljPosted 5/7/2014 8:48:12 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
The parity clause:

Devs- okay!

100% agree Microsoft is giving them every thing not even asking to be exclusive either just release on xb1 first on release it at the same time on xb1/ps4 etc I really don't get the devs problem it's so simple and straight forward. I just really don't know if I was a dev I'd have no problem with it what am I missing?
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#30Laylow12Posted 5/7/2014 9:07:18 AM
kyncani posted...
The Xbox One has already lost :

- the AAA games

- the gamers

I don't think loosing indie games as well is Microsoft's biggest concern right now.

They got the drones convinced that games are bad too. I'd say thats one heck of a PR stunt but hey, they have TV, KINECT 2.0 and TV SHOWS if they pay extra for them.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin