Microsoft's parity clause makes more games not release on XBone

#31ObtikPosted 5/7/2014 8:37:12 AM
kyncani posted...
The Xbox One has already lost :

- the AAA games

- the gamers

I don't think loosing indie games as well is Microsoft's biggest concern right now.

wut? at least the dumb in this topic is only flaring up sporadically as the angry trolls come in crying about not having a sucessful troll topic.
#32Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 9:23:05 AM

Less indie games may not be such a bad thing. They're not exactly the best things ever, most of the time they are far from it. Not like were missing out on Fallout 4 after all, so I wouldn't worry

I never understood this defence. You're still able to sort through them regardless of how many there are. Community vote tools aren't exactly rare. If I want to look for a widget app on my phone, there might be 2 million of them available for download but the best ones rise to the top. They always do. Why would indy gaming be any different. Yes, quality is better than quantity. But quanity isn't preventing quality from happening. It's a silly argument.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#33Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 9:24:52 AM
Besides, even if we're talking about ONLY terrific titles....if they released on a competitor first, that terrific game wouldn't be available on XboxOne regardless of it's quality.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#34mokmuudPosted 5/7/2014 9:35:47 AM
bridog346 posted...
Eww, indie games are crap. I'm looking forward not back at some poorly done wannabe games that focus on nostalgia. I also really dislike all the people that make those games because they act like they're better because they can only use technology that is twenty years old and that makes their crap better than modern games. God I hope this fad dies quick.

There is so much wrong with this post.
1. Not all indies go for a retro style.
2.Just because a game has a retro style does not mean it uses old tech.
3. Nobody acts like indie devs or games are better than anything else.(Each game should be judged on an individual basis)
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#35spacejamjordanzPosted 5/7/2014 9:37:37 AM
mokmuud posted...
bridog346 posted...
Eww, indie games are crap. I'm looking forward not back at some poorly done wannabe games that focus on nostalgia. I also really dislike all the people that make those games because they act like they're better because they can only use technology that is twenty years old and that makes their crap better than modern games. God I hope this fad dies quick.

There is so much wrong with this post.
1. Not all indies go for a retro style.
2.Just because a game has a retro style does not mean it uses old tech.
3. Nobody acts like indie devs or games are better than anything else.(Each game should be judged on an individual basis)

Thank you. When you think that fanboys can't stoop and lower, the never cease to amaze. I really don't understand the line of thinking it takes to defend such stupidity.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#36Who_NosePosted 5/7/2014 10:50:20 AM(edited)
Geist posted...
Less indie games may not be such a bad thing. They're not exactly the best things ever.

It cracks me up everytime a Microsoft fan says this. I have never seen such a display of Sour Grapes in my life when it comes to this console.

We don't need Indie Games anyway.

We don't need 1080 HD anyway.

(B4 180) We don't need used games anyway.

We don't need a removable hard drive anyway.

We don't need BC anyway.

We don't need half of the things we had on the Xbox 360 anyway.

We don't need a better CPU, GPU or RAM anyway.

I would have bought a Kinect anyway.

I don't worry about Paywalls cause I buy Live anyway.
#37ObtikPosted 5/7/2014 10:55:01 AM
keep them sony tears comin, i'm thirsty
#38Shinobi120Posted 5/7/2014 11:42:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39Shinobi120Posted 5/7/2014 11:44:23 AM
Geist posted...
TheMeanRock posted...
Indy games are the future. Unless you are content to wait months and months for each AAA only to find out it is pretty doodoo. (Killzone, Knack, Infamous, DR3, Forza, this whole damn generaton so far)

Costs are soaring, and development times are lengthening. When things don't sell as well as planned the bigger devs will scale back also.

All of this is speculation, just the course I see running. Just look at the quantity of good games from PSX/PS2/Xbox/GCN vs PS3/360/Wii. (Granted PSX/2 definitely made up most of that quantity.. there were more good games on either one of those consoles than the entirety of last gen)

This same argument was made last gen, go look at the 360 and PS3 indie library and ask yourself is that the future you want?

He's right, though. There's gonna be less & less AAA games this generation, as development costs has gotten even more expensive this generation than last generation with PS3 & 360.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109329391&postcount=1
#40Aceviper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 12:51:31 PM
Why are people still trying to act like these particular indies are bad?

The Swapper is reviewed better than all XBone games outside of rayman
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone