Anyone honestly think that a Kinectless version would help sales?

#1Man-BoobsPosted 5/7/2014 8:46:06 AM(edited)
What do you think this will solve? Apart from making the console slightly cheaper but is it really the price that puts everyone off?
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/7/2014 8:57:19 AM(edited)
If X1 reaches price parity with ps4 or undercuts ps4's price I think it will eventually take the lead in the US and UK. I doubt it will catch up worldwide though unless China ends up being better for MS than people seem to think. If they release a kinectless sku at $350, a sku with kinect at $450 and a $150 standalone kinect I think it would sell a lot better.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3aj4x94Posted 5/7/2014 8:53:18 AM
Do you think it's a coincidence that the Wii smoked the 360 and PS3 last gen? Because it was the cheapest, and it was something new to most (casual)people.

We've already seen what Kinect can do so far, and it's not worth shelling out $100 more for voice commands since games aren't really using it in any meaningful way.

I'll be willing to bet even the disgruntled 360 fans(myself included) would have bought the One if Microsoft weren't so thick headed and sold the camera seperately and dropped the price to $400 day one.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#4TheMuffinPosted 5/7/2014 8:55:28 AM
Yes, I honestly think it will improve sales. As the fella above me said, price parity is a huge requirement right now with all of the game site headlines about games running worse on the One compared to it's competitor. There are also I feel, many people who deem the Kinect as an unnecessary packed in peripheral. I'm one of them.

Couple a comparable or lower price than the PS4 with no Kinect and I'll be first in line to pick up an Xbox One at my nearest Best Buy.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#5AnakeriePosted 5/7/2014 9:14:38 AM
I know it was a huge factor in my decision. As I stated in another post, I'm supporting a sick parent right now and I simply can't afford to spend an extra 100 bucks on something I neither want nor need. For those of us on a budget, it makes a difference.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#6dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 9:17:03 AM
It would help. It may be too little too late at this point but it would definitely help.
#7BaronVladzPosted 5/7/2014 9:18:51 AM
Yes, I think making the Kinect optional, bundling the console with a usb mic instead that still let people use voice command, and slashing $100 off the price would spike sales
#8TarotXIIIPosted 5/7/2014 9:18:57 AM
It'd help a f*** ton. For those who don't know, i actually don't own an xbox one despite me sounding like a fanboy. If it was sold without the kinect, i'b buy it RIGHT now.
#9RemakeMePosted 5/7/2014 9:22:56 AM(edited)
aj4x94 posted...
Do you think it's a coincidence that the Wii smoked the 360 and PS3 last gen? Because it was the cheapest, and it was something new to most (casual)people.

We've already seen what Kinect can do so far, and it's not worth shelling out $100 more for voice commands since games aren't really using it in any meaningful way.

I'll be willing to bet even the disgruntled 360 fans(myself included) would have bought the One if Microsoft weren't so thick headed and sold the camera seperately and dropped the price to $400 day one.

and Wii U is cheapest by far and is being outsold by the PS4. Price does matter but nobody is gonna wanna buy a 400 dollar XBOX One when the PS4 cost the same and is more powerful.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#10ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/7/2014 9:23:05 AM
RemakeMe posted...
aj4x94 posted...

and Wii U is cheapest by far and is being outsold by the PS4.

Because Wii U gets no games and is basically a generation behind in terms of power. If Wii U was the cheapest, had comparable power and was actually getting third party games it would probably be a different story.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA