The long road back into good graces starts at E3...

#1joeymegsPosted 5/7/2014 8:59:15 AM
There's no question MS fell out of the heavens last E3. Sony dominated in every way. That's even with the PS4 having a weaker line up of games in my opinion. I own both systems, thinking my X1 would be my go to system. I was wrong. The PS4 is as good as advertised. While I enjoy my X1 a lot, they need to show gamers that they are still in it to make quality games, and not about apps or tv. They are in a great position to show how much they DO care. While the PS4 has way more exclusives, I don't believe they have the heavy hitters that MS does. The conference has to be 90% games. I don't think a kinectless system or price drop is the answer. Show games people want and show that you are in it for the long haul and more people will come around.
---
GT: Joe Corleone
PSN: JoeyCorleone
#2X1_DefenceForcePosted 5/7/2014 9:00:52 AM
I would just like to inform everyone that, with Phil Spencer in charge, the Xbox divisions is making great strides. Microsoft is listening very carefully to their consumers and especially it's gamer audience. We are bringing some great games at E3 this year, both new games and long awaited, anticipated sequels in acclaimed franchises. We are determined to win back our status as the go-to and definitive entertainment system in the US market and we will do that by proving that, without a doubt, the Xbox One is THE console for all your digital entertainment needs.

Thank you.
---
Xbox One is the most innovative console consumers have ever had the pleasure to experience.
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 5/7/2014 9:06:03 AM
Yeah that account isn't going to last long.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#4Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 9:09:00 AM
They need to start branching out with franchises that they previously would have overlooked; They're not going to compete with Sony or Nintendo on the strength of their first-party studios, so they should start attracting publishers and games to round out the library. Atlus, Konami/Team Silent, FROM Software, etc. all make niche titles that could attract a different kind of audience and add some much-needed variety.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#5Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 9:19:19 AM
The only issue I see is that they're going to get some negative press and attention if they focus on multiplatform titles, for reasons we're all aware of. They're going to need to present new franchises and exclusives and make those the focus, otherwise they're not going to be compared favourably to the competition.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#6joeymegs(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 9:19:42 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
They need to start branching out with franchises that they previously would have overlooked; They're not going to compete with Sony or Nintendo on the strength of their first-party studios, so they should start attracting publishers and games to round out the library. Atlus, Konami/Team Silent, FROM Software, etc. all make niche titles that could attract a different kind of audience and add some much-needed variety.

I agree. Even though MS has massive games, they need to branch out and find a greater variety of games, as most of their biggest games are shooters. While I love shooters, as do most people, I also like variety, also as do most gamers.
---
#7joeymegs(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 9:20:59 AM
A Exclusive RPG is almost a must for MS in my opinion.
---
#8Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 9:33:09 AM(edited)
Getting an exclusive J-RPG from a respected publisher would give the XBoxOne huge credibility to an audience that's been completely avoiding it so far. I think it's philosophy at this point that prevents the core gamers from switching teams (Graphics > Multimedia) instead of just price, so nabbing a new Atlus or Capcom rpg(Dragons Dogma 2 X1 exclusive, anyone?) wouldn't just be a minor victory but a philosophical one that says that this console has plenty of surprises and still carries enough clout to attract exclusives from third-parties without huge moneyhat deals.

Microsoft, if you show off your version of a PS4 game, you're finished. It's not going to go well for you. Go niche and quirky instead, don't just try to blow the khaki-cargo shorts off the dudebros with a 900p trailer of the new Call of Duty. Please.
---
#9Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 12:50:13 PM
bump
---
#10Man-BoobsPosted 5/7/2014 1:41:26 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
FROM Software

Well if rumours are to be believed FROM is currently developing an exclusive Souls title for PS4 so I guess you can rule them out.

Unless Xbox One gets some good exclusives behind it the only people are going to be willing to buy it will be Brand Loyalists, Microsoft really needs to show some exclusives this year, if the Highlight of their show is COD: Advanced Warfare then they might as well throw in the towel now.