The long road back into good graces starts at E3...

#11Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 2:36:04 PM
FROM could bring over the Armored Core series to X1/PS4. All that franchise needs is some polish, it has so many good ideas for the mech genre. It could be like a new ChromeHounds, only better and without a redneck/dudebro inspired name.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#12HorridhalPosted 5/7/2014 3:51:10 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
FROM could bring over the Armored Core series to X1/PS4. All that franchise needs is some polish, it has so many good ideas for the mech genre. It could be like a new ChromeHounds, only better and without a redneck/dudebro inspired name.

I would lay odds you will see an Armored Core game(at least one) this gen.

It will be an instant purchase for me if it does appear.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#13SRBiasPosted 5/7/2014 8:46:19 PM
The two things I believe Microsoft has to do, and hey none of us are really experts here, but this is my opinion. Kinect has a bad rap, people look at it very negatively. I personally like Kinect 2.0 but meh, every analyst, almost every web site, and forum posters that claim they want the machine, but don't want the Kinect, say take it away!! So take it away, make it optional, or eat the cost. Someone said this added over 100 dollars to the price of the Xbox One. Almost 150 if I am not mistaken. Drop the price to 349.99, take it out. Then the US sales should really rebound, that is the first step.

Second is Microsoft needs something big, and I am not talking Halo, Fable, or Gears. They tried the huge hyped, new ip and that didn't work to the extent they really were hoping for (Titanfall), and the fellow up above that said get a JRPG! No, that doesn't work on with Microsoft. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey did not crack a million in all three territories. Spend the money, get a big exclusive deal, I mean big. Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Creed, Batman, something with a huge fan base, and can net you a guaranteed 3 to 4 million consoles in homes. I know that sounds crazy, but they need something they can trumpet and say YOU A FAN OF .... WELL YOU CAN'T PLAY IT THERE.
#14Homie_202Posted 5/7/2014 8:50:57 PM
At this point the only way MS will really win me over is to make some new IPs. I understand here are a few coming out but the only one that looks really great is sunset overdrive. I don't want the xbox one to be like the 360 and have no new IPs for half it's life. I really hope they don't just rely on gear and halo. But sadly it already looks like they are doing that.
#15Apex-PlayerPosted 5/7/2014 9:12:45 PM(edited)
SRBias posted...
The two things I believe Microsoft has to do, and hey none of us are really experts here, but this is my opinion. Kinect has a bad rap, people look at it very negatively. I personally like Kinect 2.0 but meh, every analyst, almost every web site, and forum posters that claim they want the machine, but don't want the Kinect, say take it away!! So take it away, make it optional, or eat the cost. Someone said this added over 100 dollars to the price of the Xbox One. Almost 150 if I am not mistaken. Drop the price to 349.99, take it out. Then the US sales should really rebound, that is the first step.

Second is Microsoft needs something big, and I am not talking Halo, Fable, or Gears. They tried the huge hyped, new ip and that didn't work to the extent they really were hoping for (Titanfall), and the fellow up above that said get a JRPG! No, that doesn't work on with Microsoft. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey did not crack a million in all three territories. Spend the money, get a big exclusive deal, I mean big. Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Creed, Batman, something with a huge fan base, and can net you a guaranteed 3 to 4 million consoles in homes. I know that sounds crazy, but they need something they can trumpet and say YOU A FAN OF .... WELL YOU CAN'T PLAY IT THERE.

That's pretty much what they need/ must do.
But if they only drop on an ass creed, it will not do it. To me ME / AC /Batman would be easily passable.
A fallout 3 wouldn't, but a new vegas would.
Etc, they need to throw a billion at someone serious, but they'd need to bank on the right one.

At the same time,

Rockstar is like 6 years overdue with an exclusive for Sony.
Not that it's iron clad or anything, but fans don't forget these things that got hyped and essentially promised for years.
With Sony getting the market back, they could have something to match MS wallet.
(that is to say if a freaking Souls game aint good enough for you)

---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#16Homie_202Posted 5/7/2014 8:57:05 PM
SRBias posted...

I agree with the first point but the second point isn't going to happen. No company in their right mind is going to give exclusive rights to a game that has a large fanbase. It just isn't going to happen. Plain and simple they need to not be so heavily focused on gears and halo and make new IPs. Plain and simple that seems to be a big reason people jumped ship to Sony. They continue to have new ideas. MS keeps making the same game over and over. And whether people like it or not that's the truth.
#17CKnightPosted 5/7/2014 9:11:40 PM
While I enjoy my X1 a lot, they need to show gamers that they are still in it to make quality games, and not about apps or tv.

Didn't the X1 launch with a good number of quality games compared to the PS4?

Also didn't they give Titanfall a huge push on the X1? Titanfall was pushed so much there was a point that it's all anyone talked about. That doesn't sound like a console or company that's all about apps and tv.

Problem with some gamers is they think a company that makes a game console can't apply their other interest to that console.

How many apps and tv features has MS pushed lately?
#18VirobotPosted 5/7/2014 9:17:46 PM
We want a Kinectless Xbone. MS is too stubbornly "proud" of their little HD camera to remove it.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#19Homie_202Posted 5/7/2014 9:20:11 PM
Virobot posted...
We want a Kinectless Xbone. MS is too stubbornly "proud" of their little HD camera to remove it.

Then how will the government see you?
#20VIC10U5Posted 5/8/2014 4:47:16 AM
CKnight posted...
While I enjoy my X1 a lot, they need to show gamers that they are still in it to make quality games, and not about apps or tv.

Didn't the X1 launch with a good number of quality games compared to the PS4?

Also didn't they give Titanfall a huge push on the X1? Titanfall was pushed so much there was a point that it's all anyone talked about. That doesn't sound like a console or company that's all about apps and tv.

Problem with some gamers is they think a company that makes a game console can't apply their other interest to that console.

How many apps and tv features has MS pushed lately?

Dude, go easy. The trolls and fanboys are like small children; annoying and loud, but overall harmless. Actually, screw that. Eviscerate them.