Xbone loses 3 more to parity clause

#141Miiri0Posted 5/8/2014 5:14:12 AM
Laylow12 posted...
The main focus is KINECT 2.0, TV and CABLE shows. There is no problem here.

This. Xbone us never about games. In term of games xbone will always inferior to ps4 due to its inferior hardware.

The parity clause is the essence of Microsoft and xbox. No point arguing about it.
#142LooksLikeRainPosted 5/8/2014 5:40:45 AM
Like most threads on gamefaqs, this has turned into an ignorance fueled circlejerk. You guys are just screaming anti-microsoft nonsense as you blindly stroke each other.

1. Google the parity clause and get some real information on it; not just devs whining about it.

2. Google the difference between charities and businesses.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#143ElJorge007Posted 5/8/2014 6:11:35 AM
The swapper was fun, but year old pc indie games that can run on a 10 year old pc are barely a "loss".
---
PSN/XBL gamertag: JorgeVercetti
#144scoobydoobydont(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:35:53 AM
I wish the bickering in here was something I couldn't have predicted... sadly I could. I'm not going to quote dozens of posters, but I will say there are a lot of immature posts on both sides of this. And the strawmen... so many strawmen...

LooksLikeRain posted...
If they have a publisher, they can still put their game on Xbox, regardless of any platforms they've already released it on. The parity clause only affects devs in the id@xbox program.

Hmm... I wonder why they still have no plans for Xbone then, "getting kits late" implies they did in fact get them. eSRAM aside the architecture is pretty similar. =( I'm not that worried about Bound specifically, btw, I'll play it on 360, it was just a AAA example that came to mind.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#145SparkItUpPosted 5/8/2014 8:07:56 AM
Not_Shippy posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So none of you anti-indie MS fanatics want to play Hotline Miami 2 then?

I can play it on my computer if I really want to.

Can't that be said for a large percentage of Microsoft console exclusives?
#146DreamGoddess1Posted 5/8/2014 11:35:18 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
They arent even competing. Xbox is for gamers and ps4 is competing against iphone and ouya for the indie scene.

Sounds like a flimsy excuse. If you were talking about the Wii U, I'd agree, but PS4 is just as much for gamers as anything.

Power of the ps4! Oh and dont say graphics dont matter and then bring up resolution you cant notice.

The PS4 trumps XBone in every respect, graphics included.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#147SoftAssassinPosted 5/8/2014 7:54:11 PM
A perfect example of this is the game Transistor by Supergiant games. They are the creators of Bastion which, by the way, many bots rubbed in ps3 players faces because it was an excellent and highly rated INDIE game. I own a Ps4 with no intention of buying an x1 but how you blind bots can justify this as a good thing is beyond me. Like others have posted, once 1 critically acclaimed game passes your beloved piece of plastic up you blind ones will sure enough be starting a petition on this very website. Long post but I don't care.
#148GunWolfAlphaPosted 5/8/2014 8:30:45 PM
I find it really funny that xbox defense comes rushing in saying that Indie games are bad. if you look at steam, you would see about 65% of all sells are Indie games. Look at FTL (one of my favorite games) and you would see a game that not only is considered innovated but also has sold extremely well. or even Mighty Number 9 which is being made by the same guy who made Mega Man. I'm even hearing that Octodad is really good and I'm planing on getting it next week. heck even Outlast is considers one of the scariest games to ever come out and its AN INDE GAME!

look I like AAA games as much as the next guy but open your eyes, Indie games are the future. even more if (holding my breath, knocking on wood) there is another video game crash, which might happen.
---
"But, it was so artistically done." Thrawn's last words
#149embrandedonePosted 5/12/2014 11:48:26 PM
A new JRPG, Shiness, is coming to PS4. Why is MS still holding unto this policy?
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#150Millertime660Posted 5/12/2014 11:55:06 PM
embrandedone posted...
A new JRPG, Shiness, is coming to PS4. Why is MS still holding unto this policy?

Because they give out free devkits and want to make sure they get their moneys worth. No need to bump this 4 day old thread.... maybe read through the 15 pages of it first?