Xbone loses 3 more to parity clause

#21spacejamjordanzPosted 5/7/2014 11:07:13 AM
mokmuud posted...

Yeah they did. Why wouldn't they?
Some were fun some weren't. But I'm glad I had the choices.

This. Some were good, and some were trash. I still liked having the option to play them though.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#22PigfartsPosted 5/7/2014 11:08:44 AM
Ms will pull the clause in the next few month. The clause was in place b/c MS anticipated that the X1 would be the dominate platfrom sales wise, which would mean they have a higher degree of influence.

Turned out to be wrong, sony is the lead platform. So in the end I think MS will over turn this one.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#23gohoanqPosted 5/7/2014 11:12:01 AM
Crap... the fanboys are in denial and are making a shield for MS to stand behind. lol

That clause is bs and MS is going to have to change if they want to stay relevant this gen. You can't have a more expensive console, with arguably less games, technically worse quality multiplatform games at that, and no incentives for their subscription fees... and still demand absolute obedience. People just aren't buying it.. literally. lol

I like MS so I hope they consider it's not impossible to end up a nothing when you were something.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#24MetroidFan9999Posted 5/7/2014 11:14:27 AM(edited)
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
From this point forward a lot of these companies will be developing for simultaneous release.

Yeah...you have proof of this? This clause has been in effect for years.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#25LooksLikeRainPosted 5/7/2014 11:15:09 AM
Oh no! What am I going to do without mousecraft?!
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#26CallmegePosted 5/7/2014 11:36:23 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Parity clause is smart. The only reason it's in the news now is because some companies, like Curve, already had PS4 games in development before the ID@Xbox announcement and aren't willing to delay them to get them on Xbox as well. From this point forward a lot of these companies will be developing for simultaneous release.

It's not smart at all. It made sense when 360 was in the lead and even when the race was tied last gen because microsoft was essentially saying "hey, if you don't agree with this you're missing out on 50%+ of the market". But now that they're in dead last it's just shooting themselves in the foot. "Hey guys, if you don't agree with this you're missing out on 15% of the market!!!1112twelveshift" Yeah? And? The market and therefore profit is elsewhere.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#27scoobydoobydont(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 11:37:00 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...

Honest question: do you really think there will never be any game lost (to Xbox fans) by this practice that you would like? It isn't about these specific games from this one indie, it's about the practice generally.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#28HorridhalPosted 5/7/2014 11:39:07 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

Honest question: do you really think there will never be any game lost (to Xbox fans) by this practice that you would like? It isn't about these specific games from this one indie, it's about the practice generally.

They spin non-stop, man.

The company could, literally, spit on them and they would ask for more and tell everyone who doesn't that they are 'ponies.'
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#29AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/7/2014 11:46:07 AM
When even scooby admits that this clause is a problem, that's a good sign that it's true.

The spin in here is disgusting.

"Less games is awesome brah!1!1!1!"
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee
#30LooksLikeRainPosted 5/7/2014 11:50:08 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

I don't think so. Any quality developer would be able to release simultaneously, or if they're good enough they can go through another publisher.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'