Xbone loses 3 more to parity clause

#71djblackicePosted 5/7/2014 2:14:31 PM
Going to have to check out the Swapper based on the positive word of mouth.
---
Modern definition of "video games" - a subject by which 30+ year old men (with children) can troll message boards daily to fulfill their empty lives.
#72blas4ublasphemyPosted 5/7/2014 2:16:06 PM
A fox sees some delicious looking grapes hanging from a vine draped over a tall tree branch deep in the forest, he gets a hard running start and leaps as high as he can but the grapes remain just out of his reach. He tries two more times with the same result before giving up. As he is walking away he mutters to himself "those grapes are probably sour anyway".
#73singhellotakuPosted 5/7/2014 2:20:02 PM
the swapper is pretty awesome actually, the others meh
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#74Shinobi120Posted 5/7/2014 2:38:58 PM(edited)
kcypher2000 posted...
Then you can never bring up graphics or resolution if you are fine with indie crap.

LOL? So you prefer having less games on your platform because they're indie games? Seriously?

Plus I'll bring up resolution & graphics all I want.

You ponies 180 so much you never know how stupid u sound when you contradict yourself every day.

Why do you like saying stupid ****? How did I "180" anything?
#75TrueGBPosted 5/7/2014 2:57:21 PM
AceMagase posted...
hahahaha! let the ponies enjoy the heartbeat of the industry with titan attacks, mousecraft, and the swapper.

I'd like to give my thanks to the parity clause - keeping crap off the X1 since 2013

Actually, it's affecting AAA titles too. There are a number of big multiplat AAA titles coming to PS4 with no mention of an X1 release yet.
---
Future Billionaire
#76Ramsus082Posted 5/7/2014 3:04:14 PM
This is definitely good news, Xbros. If you give me some time I'll try and come up with a reason why.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#77scoobydoobydont(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 3:04:17 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Oh no! What am I going to do without mousecraft?!

Honest question: do you really think there will never be any game lost (to Xbox fans) by this practice that you would like? It isn't about these specific games from this one indie, it's about the practice generally.

I don't think so. Any quality developer would be able to release simultaneously, or if they're good enough they can go through another publisher.

What about Bound By Flame? It's a bigger budget game with a real publisher and by all accounts looks decent enough... but they didn't get Xbox kits early enough and didn't want to delay the game. Parity clause means Xbone will probably never get it even though 360 (and all Sony platforms) get it. That doesn't seem like filtering a bad game out to me, but rather a decent enough developer being forced to decide between an Xbone version and punishing owners of every other platform, or skipping Xbone. They aren't alone either. I fail to see how this benefits Xbox fans.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#78LamesyPosted 5/7/2014 3:19:57 PM
UtterMoon posted...
Oh goodness...listen....I know that Xbox Live Indie left a bad taste in a lot of people mouths. It was an absolute joke and it should never have been made, but Xbox Live Indie wasn't a good representation of Indie games...

Oh, now I think I understand why Xbox fans look at "indies" with disdain. On PS3, all new games were presented alongside one another. You as a consumer often had no idea what resources went into a game's development (well, you could infer from screenshots/vids). Microsoft has this weird obsession with separating out smaller titles, labeling them "indies," pointing out that they're different from releases by established studios. Kind of unofficially saying, "hey guys, here's the bargain bin."
#79Dillz007Posted 5/7/2014 3:26:15 PM
Those games are the heartbeat of the game industry lmao. There straight GUTTER TRASH!!!!
#80LooksLikeRainPosted 5/7/2014 3:34:19 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Oh no! What am I going to do without mousecraft?!

Honest question: do you really think there will never be any game lost (to Xbox fans) by this practice that you would like? It isn't about these specific games from this one indie, it's about the practice generally.

I don't think so. Any quality developer would be able to release simultaneously, or if they're good enough they can go through another publisher.

What about Bound By Flame? It's a bigger budget game with a real publisher and by all accounts looks decent enough... but they didn't get Xbox kits early enough and didn't want to delay the game. Parity clause means Xbone will probably never get it even though 360 (and all Sony platforms) get it. That doesn't seem like filtering a bad game out to me, but rather a decent enough developer being forced to decide between an Xbone version and punishing owners of every other platform, or skipping Xbone. They aren't alone either. I fail to see how this benefits Xbox fans.

If they have a publisher, they can still put their game on Xbox, regardless of any platforms they've already released it on. The parity clause only affects devs in the id@xbox program.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'