Why do people get so personal over which system is better?

#1TentanmanPosted 5/7/2014 11:31:52 AM
I see all these topics and rude comments and it just makes me angry. People buy a system and just waste time here ranting about the other like they need some sort of self justification for their purchase. That Xbox live topic made me sick.

I bought both consoles. I have both services. I've even got a Wii U. I enjoy video games and multiple companies are natural. Without the competition some really great games and exclusives would have never been funded and made so I don't understand why you would want another console to die and talk down another persons purchase.

I want to slap some posters here, seriously. Maybe it's because the sales, but I've noticed it for awhile some PlayStation fanboys are AGGRESIVE. Xbox can be just as bad. Working at a retail store for video games I get the question all the time for which system is better and 9 times out of 10 the person who gets offended when I don't say what they want is a PlayStation owner.

Both systems are fun and both services are good. Let everyone be happy as we all enjoy the same hobby. I'll be doing the same thing I always do and prefer, and play my single player games on PlayStation and my multipayer games on Xbox.
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#2TrickyPonyPosted 5/7/2014 11:36:03 AM
Don't take it so personal. You have the right idea in buying all 3 because that's what makes you happy, so keep doing what makes you happy and ignore the people who troll. I envy the people that have time to game on all 3 consoles. Time restrictions and the weight of getting older have forced me to only buy one console this gen, I'm certainly not going to let a handful of internet strangers bother me because I chose a console I deem more fun over their personal fave
#3ChokeStanPosted 5/7/2014 11:53:53 AM
Because they're morons. That's my look. I'm an Xbox guy through and through. Whenever a game came out for the 360 and PS3, I always got it on the 360. That being said, I think my PS3 was the better overall system with better exclusives. The Uncharted series and Last of Us are in my top favorite games. But I have never liked PSN. I played MP on it, but it was never as smooth as on the 360.

I only have a One currently, but I'm planning on getting a PS4 at some point but I already know I'll still spend more time on the One just because I have all of my friends on that system and it's easier (relatively) to party up and such.
#4BeefEasterPosted 5/7/2014 12:29:43 PM
most are kids that can only afford one console so they defend the one mommy and daddy bought them to the death
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#5MJFJDPosted 5/7/2014 12:33:08 PM
Mostly kids who think a few hundred dollars is a major purchase.
#6Megamushroom666Posted 5/7/2014 12:35:24 PM
Don't waste your keystrokes TC.
---
Girl gets gangsta: http://youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#7lilj812Posted 5/7/2014 12:35:56 PM
BeefEaster posted...
most are kids that can only afford one console so they defend the one mommy and daddy bought them to the death

You do realize this assumption is idiotic and no one takes it seriously right. Can you prove its most? And no, no one is going to take your word for it.

Maybe you should go back to school and ask a teacher about debating. You clearly are lacking in that regard.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#8BeefEasterPosted 5/7/2014 12:54:40 PM
lilj812 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

You do realize this assumption is idiotic and no one takes it seriously right. Can you prove its most? And no, no one is going to take your word for it.

Maybe you should go back to school and ask a teacher about debating. You clearly are lacking in that regard.

the person that posted directly after me seems to share my opinion

makes perfect sense to me

if it's adults behaving this way then it's truly pathetic
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#9gohoanqPosted 5/7/2014 12:59:30 PM
They have a hole in their lives, fill it with one console, and then act as if that console gives a rats ass about them. They can't stand someone not supporting it or the company that makes it.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#10OpheliaAdenadePosted 5/7/2014 1:02:11 PM(edited)
Because the kids who partook in the friendly mario vs sonic rivalry of their youth grew up and started drinking and doing drugs. o.o Naturally, the console wars are more serious now.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.