Why do people get so personal over which system is better?

#11ExDiosPosted 5/7/2014 1:02:34 PM
It must be some biological thing, we see it with sports teams, phones (apple-samsung) games (bf-cod)
Some people are too stupid to be objective.

I love games, regardless of platform I just want to have fun over anythign else. :)
#12ExDiosPosted 5/7/2014 1:05:10 PM(edited)
Forgot to mention that what we want is all these companies to be successful, so they're driven to make their products better in fear of losing customers to the rival company.
#13DarthUchiha91Posted 5/7/2014 1:29:17 PM
I chuckle everytime someone plays a 'multiple consoles' card in defense mode, as if its supposed to mask your true hurt feelings. This isn't bloods vs drips. You don't have to put jacket over your red shirt in crip territory. We all game here people.

It really is just like favoring a sports team, even if they suck. You always gonna see some guy talking $&#& about them. Ignore em, poke fun back, whatever. The way I see it its all a testement to how mainstream gaming has gotten. You're not that elementary school kid who tries to hide the fact you like to play with dolls anyone. You can come out now. Don't pretend just because you have more than one conosle you are incapable of feeling some type of way about one of them.
---
You can find me in da club, bottle full of bub, man I got that X-1, if you into playing wit scrubs
- 50 cent
#14ChokeStanPosted 5/7/2014 1:32:43 PM
ExDios posted...
It must be some biological thing, we see it with sports teams, phones (apple-samsung) games (bf-cod)

I love games, regardless of platform I just want to have fun over anythign else. :)

Sports teams are different though. I don't know why, but they just are. I'm a huge GA Tech fan, even though their football team sucks but I despise UGA with a passion.

But your part about games is spot on. Both systems offer amazing games, I don't see how anyone can completely shut themselves off of one system.
#15DamnEvilDogPosted 5/7/2014 1:32:51 PM
People are pathetic, plain and simple.

Children posting troll topics cause they want to be cool and rile people up... then you have the rest who are grown adults who SHOULD know better but post here anyway.

Like what you want, play on what you want.
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#16Tentanman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 1:35:02 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
I chuckle everytime someone plays a 'multiple consoles' card in defense mode, as if its supposed to mask your true hurt feelings. This isn't bloods vs drips. You don't have to put jacket over your red shirt in crip territory. We all game here people.

It really is just like favoring a sports team, even if they suck. You always gonna see some guy talking $&#& about them. Ignore em, poke fun back, whatever. The way I see it its all a testement to how mainstream gaming has gotten. You're not that elementary school kid who tries to hide the fact you like to play with dolls anyone. You can come out now. Don't pretend just because you have more than one conosle you are incapable of feeling some type of way about one of them.

I look at it from the outside. I like and support both consoles and there's no hurt feelings about it? Lol. It makes no difference to me if I'm popping Disgaea into a ps3 or gears into a 360. I'm going to enjoy myself.

I don't think I would ever find myself angry that someone is enjoying something. I personally hate mass effect but I understand people love it and why ruin that for them?
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#17Reflex-ArcPosted 5/7/2014 1:44:21 PM
Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches
Had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches
Had none upon thars.

Those stars weren't so big. They were really so small
You might think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.

But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches
Would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the Beaches."
With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort
"We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!"
And whenever they met some, when they were out walking,
They'd hike right on past them without even talking.

-Dr. Seuss
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#18SonyPonyTonyPosted 5/7/2014 2:23:46 PM
lilj812 posted...
BeefEaster posted...
most are kids that can only afford one console so they defend the one mommy and daddy bought them to the death

You do realize this assumption is idiotic and no one takes it seriously right. Can you prove its most? And no, no one is going to take your word for it.

Maybe you should go back to school and ask a teacher about debating. You clearly are lacking in that regard.

Pony on pony violence! FIGHT!
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#19gobuffalo30Posted 5/7/2014 2:28:24 PM
I don't know if it's personal, but a lot of arguments come from people posting obvious lies and then claiming superiority.
#20FatCatAttackPosted 5/7/2014 2:35:09 PM
ChokeStan posted...
ExDios posted...

Sports teams are different though. I don't know why, but they just are. I'm a huge GA Tech fan, even though their football team sucks but I despise UGA with a passion.

But your part about games is spot on. Both systems offer amazing games, I don't see how anyone can completely shut themselves off of one system.

Sports teams aren't any different. People who are out of shape and couldn't catch a ball to save their lives will vehemently criticize "enemy" players just as people will fight about consoles with no skin in the game.

The XBOX One doesn't have any amazing games. That's not to say it won't ever but it's just middlebrow rhetoric to say that it's worth it to own both. The last generation where it was worth it to own every console was the ps2-xbox-gc generation. Too many titles are major bloated mulitplat releases.
---
ilcal: Everything makes baby jesus cry. That's why i hate babies.
CS Turgid_Walrus