When will Xbox One get more demos?

#1spacejamjordanzPosted 5/7/2014 12:00:55 PM
There are ten demos on the market. TEN!, and one of them isn't even a game. So that makes it nine.

3 lego games
NBA Live (trash)
FIFA 14
DR3
KSR P
KSR Hub (not a game)
Zumba
Zoo Tycoon

Where are the demos? I still like to try my games before I buy them. Streaming and UPLOAD are not a substitute for actually playing the games. What gives?
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#2crynryanPosted 5/7/2014 12:49:59 PM
It takes time, effort and money to get a demo made. Also depends on the game and how it's structured whether or not a demo can easily be made. The LEGO games probably just give you a single level to play, Dead Rising probably blocks off a large chunk of the world and only gives you a main mission or two, sports games probably give you a single game to play with premade teams, etc.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3spacejamjordanz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 2:05:40 PM
crynryan posted...
It takes time, effort and money to get a demo made. Also depends on the game and how it's structured whether or not a demo can easily be made. The LEGO games probably just give you a single level to play, Dead Rising probably blocks off a large chunk of the world and only gives you a main mission or two, sports games probably give you a single game to play with premade teams, etc.

I get what you're saying, but even for download games? I'll give you an example. I bought Strider for my Xbox One. That was because I played a demo on 4 a while back and I liked it. Why is there a PS4 demo and no Xbox One demo?
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#4gohoanqPosted 5/7/2014 2:21:31 PM
crynryan posted...

It's funny how that wasn't even kind of a problem on 360 though huh? Every single game or virtual every single game.. even the 80msp indie games.. had demos.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#5Chyld989Posted 5/7/2014 5:57:40 PM
gohoanq posted...
crynryan posted...

It's funny how that wasn't even kind of a problem on 360 though huh? Every single game or virtual every single game.. even the 80msp indie games.. had demos.
---

That's because the arcade games were required to have demos, which developers hated because it ate into their profits (most games with demos sell less) and took extra time (which technically also ate into their profits).

It is weird that a game would have a demo on PS4 but not Xbox One though. Can't explain that one.
#6MonicasBackPosted 5/7/2014 6:05:10 PM
Never since MS no longer requires games to have demos.
---
Monicaaa
#7KOOGARPosted 5/8/2014 12:08:10 AM
Why and what do you need demos for?
Aren't you happy with your Xbone? With Kinect, TV and Titanfall? I thought a Xboner's life is complete with all this shiny great stuff?
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#8crynryanPosted 5/8/2014 6:06:12 PM
gohoanq posted...
crynryan posted...

---

XBLIG demos don't really even have to be made. Automatically, there is an 8 minute timer that is imposed no matter what on demos. As soon as that time runs out, you either have to restart the game or buy it. Developers had to work with this and create locks on parts of their games that wouldn't be accessible unless the game was bought. Most of the better XBLIG games didn't even need to do anything to make a demo, as their games would've lasted well beyond 8 minutes.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)