Should Microsoft make their own Baseball series like MLB: The Show?

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 5/7/2014 4:11:31 PM
I think it's a big disadvantage if the PS4 is the only system with a top quality MLB game. You think MS should do their own?
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2BloodychessPosted 5/7/2014 4:15:45 PM
I wish they would, San Diego Studio was lazy when 2K was still making games, it's gotten worse now that they know they're alone.
---
Rock Me Amadeus!! -Falco Lombardi
#3robert_rangersuPosted 5/7/2014 4:16:56 PM
They should make Rounders simulator.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#4regsantotomasPosted 5/7/2014 4:26:05 PM
I don't think that Microsoft is the publisher that should take on that mantle. Besides, even without the competition, Sony makes a fantastic game.

On a side note, my favorite baseball game is the Powerful Pro Baseball series (J only).
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#5kennyynnooPosted 5/7/2014 4:44:20 PM
I believe they still have rights to high heat baseball. Honestly, not a big deal to me, I will eventually buy a ps4 also and get the show. I don't think it would last if MS ventured into that world.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#6Reel_Big_MikePosted 5/7/2014 5:01:52 PM
Microsoft used to have their own 1st party baseball game on the original Xbox called MLB Inside Pitch. I loved it. The gfx at the time were awesome, it had Joe Buck doing commentary (a lot of people don't like him but I do), and it was a solid albeit kind of arcady title. I loved all of the Xbox first party sports titles: NBA Inside Drive, NHL Rivals, Links, NFL Fever. I wish they'd resurrect them.

That being said the MLB: The Show series is the biggest reason I even own a PS3 and PS4.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.