Do you still use the X1 to watch tv

#1jellybeanmasterPosted 5/7/2014 9:42:28 PM
Topic - Results (113 votes)
Yes
39.82% (45 votes)
No
60.18% (68 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now that the novelty of it has worn off. Do you find it less practical than just using the remote?

Introduced the kinect and its tv functionality to my family when i first got it and it was cool, but didnt last. The tv isnt even set to xbox most of the time cuz the house prefers to watch tv the regular way. Who still uses voice commands to watch tv (besides new owners )?
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#2Bill_BurrPosted 5/7/2014 9:59:39 PM
I will never understand why you would hook your tv into the xbox one. How does it improve it in anyway besides being able to control it with your voice, which is stupid...
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#3squidney2k1Posted 5/7/2014 10:09:26 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
I will never understand why you would hook your tv into the xbox one. How does it improve it in anyway besides being able to control it with your voice, which is stupid...

Mainly for people who like to use other features on their X1 like Skype or Twitch since they can snap the apps. Otherwise, I guess the biggest draw would be for people who have a limited amount of HDMI inputs on their TV.

I use my surround sound system's HDMI input for the TV.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
Yes, I bought a Wii U, and I still don't know why.
#4bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 5/7/2014 10:10:14 PM
I don't have any sort of cable/satellite so plug into it. All of my shows come from either Netflix, Hulu or the internet.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#51337pwngePosted 5/7/2014 10:16:22 PM
No, but to be fair I haven't watched my cable since I got my X1.
---
Xbl: King 1AK
Psn:True_King_1AK
#6Cornbread4lifePosted 5/7/2014 10:27:37 PM
Bill_Burr posted...

How can you expect to understand something when you immediately dismiss it as stupid?
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#7Bill_BurrPosted 5/7/2014 10:34:11 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
Bill_Burr posted...

How can you expect to understand something when you immediately dismiss it as stupid?

I understand voice controls buddy... I've had it shoved down my throat since I got the xbox one.
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#8Cornbread4lifePosted 5/7/2014 10:37:47 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
Bill_Burr posted...

I understand voice controls buddy... I've had it shoved down my throat since I got the xbox one.

Shoved down your throat? Your xbox one is a lot more physical with you than mine is, you should call the police.

I'm just failing to see how voice controls are "stupid." It's a quicker way for me to get from tv to a game I want to play or to the store or an app than using the controller. It's not a huge difference, but if I have the ability to use it and it's right in front of me, why not use it?
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#9KOOGARPosted 5/7/2014 11:04:17 PM
No, I use my TV to watch TV.
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#10TyrannicalPosted 5/7/2014 11:05:28 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
I don't have any sort of cable/satellite so plug into it. All of my shows come from either Netflix, Hulu or the internet.

Saying Xbox, go to Netflix is convenient.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.