Do you still use the X1 to watch tv

#11Bill_BurrPosted 5/7/2014 11:23:13 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
I will never understand why you would hook your tv into the xbox one. How does it improve it in anyway besides being able to control it with your voice, which is stupid...

How can you expect to understand something when you immediately dismiss it as stupid?

I understand voice controls buddy... I've had it shoved down my throat since I got the xbox one.

Shoved down your throat? Your xbox one is a lot more physical with you than mine is, you should call the police.

I'm just failing to see how voice controls are "stupid." It's a quicker way for me to get from tv to a game I want to play or to the store or an app than using the controller. It's not a huge difference, but if I have the ability to use it and it's right in front of me, why not use it?

You're one funny guy buddy. The xbox literally shoving things down my throat hahahaha. And let's get one thing straight, I said voice controls for the tv thing is stupid. As for the xbox one itself I won't comment on those voice controls right now.

I could make a very long list as to why I think voice commanding my tv is stupid but I'll just say this to sum up most if them

Pressing a button on my remote is quicker and less awkward.
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#12Miiri0Posted 5/8/2014 5:19:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13daniel79Posted 5/8/2014 5:30:08 AM
Tyrannical posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
I don't have any sort of cable/satellite so plug into it. All of my shows come from either Netflix, Hulu or the internet.

Saying Xbox, go to Netflix is convenient.

Corr, that's well worth $500..
#14-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/8/2014 5:30:14 AM
Miiri0 posted...
Xbone is tv first, games second. That why it is more expensive but have way inferior hardware for gaming compare to the ps4.

Really!!!?!?!!?!?,
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#15Jiggy101011Posted 5/8/2014 5:34:53 AM
My fiancÚ and I use it all the time. Using voice commands to change the channel is just easier and I don't have to bother trying to find my remote for the 100th time.

It all comes down to personal preference, and personally I love it.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall
#16axelfooley2k5Posted 5/8/2014 5:37:08 AM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
Miiri0 posted...
Xbone is tv first, games second. That why it is more expensive but have way inferior hardware for gaming compare to the ps4.

Really!!!?!?!!?!?,

did that make you mad?
he may have been trolling but he is kinda right

it is fact that they sacrificed power for kinect in every box to profit

really no arguing it
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#17Jiggy101011Posted 5/8/2014 5:39:39 AM
Bill_Burr posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
I will never understand why you would hook your tv into the xbox one. How does it improve it in anyway besides being able to control it with your voice, which is stupid...

How can you expect to understand something when you immediately dismiss it as stupid?

I understand voice controls buddy... I've had it shoved down my throat since I got the xbox one.

Shoved down your throat? Your xbox one is a lot more physical with you than mine is, you should call the police.

I'm just failing to see how voice controls are "stupid." It's a quicker way for me to get from tv to a game I want to play or to the store or an app than using the controller. It's not a huge difference, but if I have the ability to use it and it's right in front of me, why not use it?

You're one funny guy buddy. The xbox literally shoving things down my throat hahahaha. And let's get one thing straight, I said voice controls for the tv thing is stupid. As for the xbox one itself I won't comment on those voice controls right now.

I could make a very long list as to why I think voice commanding my tv is stupid but I'll just say this to sum up most if them

Why would you feel awkward using voice controls?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall
#18mattglosbcfcPosted 5/8/2014 5:40:32 AM
I do. Dont understand why you wouldnt?
Its no inconvenience is it really. Plus I can snap to the tv when im waiting in a Titanfall lobby etc.
#19suicide machinePosted 5/8/2014 5:42:41 AM
i still have my tv plugged in. it's awesome. i like to play nba 2k14 while having the actual nba playoff games snapped.

or i'll be playing a game but one of my wife's shows comes on. we'll watch her show, then on commercials, i'll say "xbox go to (whatever game i was playing)" then, "xbox snap tv". so i'll play my game during the commercial break, and in the snap window we can keep an eye on her channel. when the show is back on, "xbox full screen" to go back to watching tv.

or the phone rings, instead of searching for the remote, hitting mute, then finding our phone, answering the phone, etc... we just go "xbox mute" and go right for the phone.

Bill_Burr posted...

it really isn't. if it is, you don't have yours set up very well.
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! Geeks and Sports Fans, unite!: http://m-slender.tumblr.com
Xbox One clips: https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#20ExisT3nTiaLPosted 5/8/2014 5:45:58 AM(edited)
Its an added bonus. I don't understand why everybody wouldn't use it.

Xbox go to HBO. Xbox go to NBC Sports. Xbox play Titanfall. Xbox got to Peggle 2. Xbox go to YouTube.

Its instantaneous...

Not to mention I only have the TV remote and volume remote now removing the 360 remote and TV remote. Plus its nice to have the TV, Surround Sound and Cable box all turn on at the same time by just saying 'Xbox On'.
---
I wish I had some whiskey and a gun my dear...
GAMERTAG: EXisT3nTiaL