Do you still use the X1 to watch tv

#21jellybeanmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 9:46:37 PM
Reason it didnt work in our house is because you cant say channel up or down thus killing channel surfing. Then having to say volume up ir down repeatedly really turned everyone away.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#22jellybeanmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 9:47:28 PM
Also this thread is about watching live television. Not apps like hulu
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#23mcnichojPosted 5/8/2014 10:14:51 PM
I use the apps but never the HDMI-in. I don't even have a cable box.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#240PTICSPosted 5/8/2014 10:18:39 PM
Lately, tv is all I've been using it for.
#25Mjs903Posted 5/8/2014 10:32:12 PM
Use the tv feature all the time. Why wouldnt you want to? No difference. Youre not "forced" to use voice and you can still use your remote so why not be connected? Theres no negative to this app. You can watch tv on a phone or ipad so why not an xbox. No big deal and no reason to bash.
#26uniquebadgerPosted 5/9/2014 12:29:05 AM
If Verizon Fios was in my area i would try it. But since it isn't i just don't have Cable. Hulu+, Netflix, and the Internet means i can watch anything at anytime.
#27vivalabuck92Posted 5/9/2014 12:35:59 AM
No but I do watch my TV to use my Xbox.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#28SirMurderPosted 5/9/2014 12:44:25 AM
The One Guide is awesome. It's a lot faster than Comcast's guide and allows you to speed scroll down
#29TenzhiPosted 5/9/2014 1:04:35 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Why would you feel awkward using voice controls?

For various reasons - often, but not always, related to being sane - I imagine most people naturally don't go around commanding inanimate objects to do things. And then there are folks who just aren't inclined to talk much, for whom doing so when a button could be pressed to achieve the same ends just seems daft.

I can't make claims to sanity, but I fall into the latter category. I recently saw an article on seven voice commands everyone should know, the first of which was "Xbox, Notifications" which it said was quicker than the four button presses needed to access Notifications (Guide, Up, Left, A, if I'm not mistaken). But I can press four buttons in the time it takes to say "Xbox, Notifications" (and get a drink of coffee if and when it has to be said a second time because it wasn't understood the first) and I personally find it more convenient and comfortable to do so.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.