See Sunset Overdrive's Frenzied Gameplay In Action

#41PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 5/8/2014 7:36:29 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Huh, I don't remember Infamous having crazy weapons or zombies or Jet Set Radio-like traversal or character customization or weapon customization. This whole trend of Sony fanboys downplaying Xbox games by saying "well I guess it's just x with or without y" needs to stop.

There's nothing fanboyish about saying it reminds people of Infamous. Unless they're saying it in fanboy fashion. Hell, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the video.

And just because a game has crazy weapons and zombies doesn't automatically make it epic. I'd like to learn more about the game and watch some more gameplay videos before making a concrete assumption (oxymoron!).
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#42PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 5/8/2014 7:38:01 AM
bridog346 posted...
Well by the same terrible logic InFamous copied crackdown then

Every game copies every other game that's ever existed in some manner. I did love Crackdown, though. Didn't care too much for Crackdown 2. Didn't have that same umph as the first did.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#43fallangePosted 5/8/2014 7:41:53 AM
nis750 posted...
It looks really awesome i hope people will try this game but i don't know if it will sell well because most people who have a xboxOne only buy call of duty and madden games...

Great way to generalize and show your ignorance.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#44SparkItUpPosted 5/8/2014 7:48:11 AM
youngskillz posted...
looks like some cheap kiddie/teenager infamous ripoff.

lol @ getting hyped for this.

^ kinda this...I know myself, I didn't really like the way Infamous looked (as far as the gameplay style)...and this looks like much of the same. except I'd say it's more like an Infamous/Dead Rising3/JRSF hybrid.

It's basically the triple whammy as far as I am concerned. I didn't like either 3 of those games. Just my opinion however.
#45gjc2007Posted 5/8/2014 8:37:22 AM
I don't see the infamous comparison...like at all.

It does however look like a re-skinned Ratchet and Clank. Which is perfectly fine IMO. I'm guessing a lot of people here have mostly been on X-Box for the past few gens and never played a Ratchet and Clank game, so that's why the comparison to Infamous.

This definitely pisses me off though. Looking at what FUSE was supposed to be, what it ended up being, and NOW seeing what Sunset Overdrive looks like? Yeah, it's beyond obvious now EA completely ****ing wrecked what FUSE was supposed to be.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#46SigarmzPosted 5/8/2014 9:22:02 AM
gjc2007 posted...
I don't see the infamous comparison...like at all.

It does however look like a re-skinned Ratchet and Clank. Which is perfectly fine IMO. I'm guessing a lot of people here have mostly been on X-Box for the past few gens and never played a Ratchet and Clank game, so that's why the comparison to Infamous.

This definitely pisses me off though. Looking at what FUSE was supposed to be, what it ended up being, and NOW seeing what Sunset Overdrive looks like? Yeah, it's beyond obvious now EA completely ****ing wrecked what FUSE was supposed to be.

Have you never seen Infamous? This game looks pretty close just horrible and cartoony.
#47Flare1721Posted 5/8/2014 9:48:49 AM
Good for Insomniac! Looks really good. Hope it does well in sales.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2 || We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Strife1721.png TJ_UNLIMITED...lol.
#48ExtortionsPosted 5/8/2014 9:53:52 AM
Looks kinda boring. Another terrible Xbone exclusive -_-
#49Board_hunter567Posted 5/8/2014 10:03:00 AM(edited)
I was kind of hoping I wouldn't be jelly of this, since the X1 is the least likely console I'd buy...but that looks really fun.
#50teeebzPosted 5/8/2014 10:01:43 AM
Looks pretty fun to me!
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83