Sunset overdrive will have no Kinect functionality.

#1spacejamjordanzPosted 5/8/2014 6:23:19 AM
I just got done reading the IGN preview. A very interesting read. I am officially excited for this game, but I wanted to point out what I read in the final paragraph.

"Oh, and tellingly, Insomniac has no plans to include Kinect functionality in Sunset Overdrive. "This game was definitely built for a controller, not jumping around the room," Marcus Smith remarked during his presentation. Sounds like the Awesomepocalypse really won’t be so bad, as promised.

Discuss...
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#2CharadeSmithPosted 5/8/2014 6:26:36 AM
MS is going to fire them.
---
Worst games of 2014: Titanfall, Destiny, COD:AW, AC Unity, Mario Kart 8, Sunset Overdrive... list TBC
#3dnmtPosted 5/8/2014 6:28:11 AM
Shocking.
#4-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/8/2014 6:28:32 AM
Lazy devs.
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#5MuryoPosted 5/8/2014 6:32:02 AM
So kinect was just there to jack up the price and spy on you?
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#6billOrileyPosted 5/8/2014 6:36:54 AM
even when they try to force kinnect on everyone by selling it with the xbone, developers still don't give a crap about using it's functions. XD
#7nableetPosted 5/8/2014 6:39:24 AM
But.....but....100% attach rate!!!!!
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#8BoneRevolutionPosted 5/8/2014 6:43:25 AM
I thought no one cared about Kinect games? Is it a thing now? Let me know when you change your mind...again
#9nableetPosted 5/8/2014 6:50:10 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
I thought no one cared about Kinect games? Is it a thing now? Let me know when you change your mind...again

No one wants Kinect features in the games, including Devs making exclusive games, apparently.

If Devs aren't going to add kinect functions in to games, why do I have to buy an xbone bundled with a kinect? So I can navigate the poor UI? So I can talk to the box instead of using a controller?

Just seems like a pointless gimmick to me.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#10BoneRevolutionPosted 5/8/2014 6:52:33 AM
nableet posted...
BoneRevolution posted...

No one wants Kinect features in the games, including Devs making exclusive games, apparently.

If Devs aren't going to add kinect functions in to games, why do I have to buy an xbone bundled with a kinect? So I can navigate the poor UI? So I can talk to the box instead of using a controller?

Just seems like a pointless gimmick to me.

The PS camera is a big hit...