Sunset Overdrive looks like a cartoony inFAMOUS: Second Son with guns

#1PhaseBlackPosted 5/8/2014 6:41:44 AM
Does it look good? Yes, it is my kind of game. But I can see why they didn't partner with Sony for it, they probably would have gotten turned down because of inFamous: Second Son being the same type of game
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2ExempliGratiaPosted 5/8/2014 6:53:17 AM(edited)
I haven't played Second Son extensively yet but can you traverse the world like you can in Sunset Overdrive? Wall riding grinding and shooting? Or are you saying it looks like Infamous because it's a 3rd person open world game. I don't quite see Infamous in this game.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#3PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 6:45:51 AM
UExempliGratia posted...
I haven't played Second Son extensively yet but can you traverse the world like you can in Sunset Overdrive? Wall riding girding and shooting? Or are you saying it looks like Infamous because it's a 3rd person open world game. I don't quite see Infamous in this game.

Unlock the powers and you'll understand
---
PSVita & 3DS
#4CharadeSmithPosted 5/8/2014 6:47:05 AM(edited)
ExempliGratia posted...
I haven't played Second Son extensively yet but can you traverse the world like you can in Sunset Overdrive?

No, in Infamous it's better because there are no physical limits, you can traverse freely using your powers.
The rails were boring in Bio Infinite and they already look boring here too.
---
Worst games of 2014: Titanfall, Destiny, COD:AW, AC Unity, Mario Kart 8, Sunset Overdrive... list TBC
#5Dev445Posted 5/8/2014 6:46:51 AM
It looks more like Jet Set Radio and Crackdown with some Tony hawk thrown in there. The art style looks like Infamous a little bit though.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#6ExempliGratiaPosted 5/8/2014 6:47:15 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
UExempliGratia posted...
I haven't played Second Son extensively yet but can you traverse the world like you can in Sunset Overdrive? Wall riding girding and shooting? Or are you saying it looks like Infamous because it's a 3rd person open world game. I don't quite see Infamous in this game.

Unlock the powers and you'll understand

How about an explanation? You made this topic after all.
---
#7ExempliGratiaPosted 5/8/2014 6:48:00 AM
CharadeSmith posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
I haven't played Second Son extensively yet but can you traverse the world like you can in Sunset Overdrive?

No, in Infamous it's better because there are no physical limits, you can traverse freely using your powers.

Back for more trolling I see.
---
#8dnmtPosted 5/8/2014 6:48:15 AM
Watching the gameplay footage against I can't think of anything there that we haven't already seen in Infamous or Saints Row 4. Are there missions at least or is it as aimless as it seems?
#9CharadeSmithPosted 5/8/2014 6:49:36 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

Back for more trolling I see.

Trolling? I answered your question. Not my fault you don't like the answer.
---
Worst games of 2014: Titanfall, Destiny, COD:AW, AC Unity, Mario Kart 8, Sunset Overdrive... list TBC
#10BoneRevolutionPosted 5/8/2014 6:49:37 AM
They didn't partner with Sony because Sony is bankrupt. Besides no one wants Junk as partner.