Sunset Overdrive's style is the direction that Xbox should head in

#1Dark World RulerPosted 5/8/2014 8:03:49 AM
To set itself apart from PlayStation and make Xbox seem more original. With Sony, it feels like they coined the style of "cinematic, realistic games" and Nintendo with "friendly, lighthearted games" so Microsoft should strive to be the platform with "silly, over-the-top action games". It's focus on action should be more about fun and style, rather than Sony's focus on realism and substance with their first party games. Kind of like being the SEGA os today

Variety is key for any platform holder and I'm all for Son, Nintendo, and Microsoft taking from each other, but Microsoft should really try to be the new SEGA rather than "the other PlayStation" with the Xbox brand. With that, make more games with the atmosphere and mindset of Sunset Overdrive instead of halfhearted cinematic games like Ryse that just feel generic....
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 5/8/2014 8:04:55 AM
So you're saying that Microsoft should release several poor consoles in a row and then just become a software developer?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#3VirobotPosted 5/8/2014 8:05:22 AM
Not sure what you're getting at here...
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#4LooksLikeRainPosted 5/8/2014 8:18:48 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
So you're saying that Microsoft should release several poor consoles in a row and then just become a software developer?

Lol this guy
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#5WinnsockPosted 5/8/2014 8:27:59 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...

Sega had awesome consoles. It was the abandoned add-ons and surprise release of the Saturn that did them in. Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast are all phenomenal and have some of the greatest games of all time.
---
GT: Winnsock
#6cooolioPosted 5/8/2014 9:17:57 AM
We shall see how the Quantum Break plays and if the Xbox One has anymore potentially great cinematic games. Honestly, TLOU was the only Cinemtaic game from Sony that I liked, and even it felt like it was not all that it could have been when I played it a second time.