A Kinect-less SKU for $399 still has a major problem

#131skermacPosted 5/9/2014 5:23:21 PM
With half the power of the ps4 shouldn't it sell for half the price?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#132Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 5:30:43 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
You don't get to decide what the key issues are or what the deciding factors are. The fact is, these are not PCs and thus cannot be graded on power alone.

For many people who can't afford expensive PC rigs, these consoles are absolutely like PCs and are judged as such. Why do you think there's such a fiasco about resolutions in the first place? Because people care about these details when making purchasing decisions. You can't assume that everyone is blinded by exclusives and ignores system specs. Of course people research hardware details and make their judgments based on what they find.

If you're arguing that when you strip away everything except components, the PS4 is a better value, then yes I agree, but that's not what they are. So in your world where these consoles are just boxes of computer parts, the PS4 is objectively a better value. In the real world, however, this is not the case.

In the real world this is exactly the case, which is why X1 is trailing behind PS4 and needs to add more value to its package.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#133LooksLikeRainPosted 5/9/2014 5:38:02 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
You don't get to decide what the key issues are or what the deciding factors are. The fact is, these are not PCs and thus cannot be graded on power alone.

For many people who can't afford expensive PC rigs, these consoles are absolutely like PCs and are judged as such. Why do you think there's such a fiasco about resolutions in the first place? Because people care about these details when making purchasing decisions. You can't assume that everyone is blinded by exclusives and ignores system specs. Of course people research hardware details and make their judgments based on what they find.

If you're arguing that when you strip away everything except components, the PS4 is a better value, then yes I agree, but that's not what they are. So in your world where these consoles are just boxes of computer parts, the PS4 is objectively a better value. In the real world, however, this is not the case.

In the real world this is exactly the case, which is why X1 is trailing behind PS4 and needs to add more value to its package.

The amount of people getting value out of a product doesn't make it any less subjective. I've gotten more value out of my $499 Xbox than I have when I had my $399 PS4

The Xbox one was a better value for me. This alone makes it subjective.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#134theos666Posted 5/9/2014 5:40:08 PM
Quote:Ramsus082 posted...
Guys.....it's not the price that's holding it back. If you offered a free XboxOne or a free PS4 to a gamer looking to get into "next-gen", don't you think most of them would choose the PS4?

This. I would choose PS4 anyday of the week. Anyone with half a brain would.

Golden Maven posted...
Ainodehna posted...
Why do PS4 fans even hang out on the Xbox One board? Nothing better to do?

Cause the PS4's lineup is crap and will remain crap for the foreseeable future. Then they go and talk about "objective value".

Sony fanboys are truly the worst. You don't see XBox or Wii U fanboys hang around on the competitors forums for months.

Sony fanboys are even on the Wii U forums to bash it. That's how insecure they are, kicking a man while he's down.

LMAO.

Ainodehna posted...
Kinect, TV integration, snap.

1.) Nobody cares about Kinect.

2.) Live TV is so 90's-early 2000's. A lot of people stream TV shows, movies, & sports now.

@Shinobi120

I chose the One over the PS4. I enjoy Kinect voice control for launching games and apps, controlling media, and even my television. I have children who still watch live tv. I prefer not needing to hunt for a remote to change the input on my television to play a game when they are do e with their shows. I also like going from television to Hulu or Netflix on the fly to watch what I want to on my whims.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.14
#135Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 6:12:21 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
The amount of people getting value out of a product doesn't make it any less subjective. I've gotten more value out of my $499 Xbox than I have when I had my $399 PS4

Well I could say I find more value in a $1000 bag of coal than I do in a $499 Xbox One, but most people would agree that the Xbox is a better deal, to the point of consensus.

All I'm saying is that in regards to PS4 vs. Kinect-less X1 at a $399 price point, there's still a clear advantage towards PS4 that many people could recognize.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#136LooksLikeRainPosted 5/9/2014 7:19:49 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...

Well I could say I find more value in a $1000 bag of coal than I do in a $499 Xbox One, but most people would agree that the Xbox is a better deal, to the point of consensus.

All I'm saying is that in regards to PS4 vs. Kinect-less X1 at a $399 price point, there's still a clear advantage towards PS4 that many people could recognize.

Well there you have it. Subjective. I'm glad you came around.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'