A Kinect-less SKU for $399 still has a major problem

#41Shinobi120Posted 5/8/2014 12:47:50 PM(edited)
Ramsus082 posted...
Guys.....it's not the price that's holding it back. If you offered a free XboxOne or a free PS4 to a gamer looking to get into "next-gen", don't you think most of them would choose the PS4?

This. I would choose PS4 anyday of the week. Anyone with half a brain would.

Golden Maven posted...
Ainodehna posted...
Why do PS4 fans even hang out on the Xbox One board? Nothing better to do?

Cause the PS4's lineup is crap and will remain crap for the foreseeable future. Then they go and talk about "objective value".

Sony fanboys are truly the worst. You don't see XBox or Wii U fanboys hang around on the competitors forums for months.

Sony fanboys are even on the Wii U forums to bash it. That's how insecure they are, kicking a man while he's down.

LMAO.

Ainodehna posted...
Kinect, TV integration, snap.

1.) Nobody cares about Kinect.

2.) Live TV is so 90's-early 2000's. A lot of people stream TV shows, movies, & sports now.
#42squarex8264Posted 5/8/2014 12:49:09 PM
dnmt posted...
It needs to be $349.

So, if it was $349, would you actually be happy and stop trolling the boards, or would you think of something else to complain about? :)
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#43AinodehnaPosted 5/8/2014 12:51:30 PM
Shinobi, give me evidence that isn't anecdotal and then maybe I'll care about what you have to say. Otherwise, you're just trolling.
---
GSW
#44Shinobi120Posted 5/8/2014 1:00:06 PM(edited)
Ainodehna posted...
Shinobi, give me evidence that isn't anecdotal and then maybe I'll care about what you have to say. Otherwise, you're just trolling.

It's the truth. More & more people are moving away from cable & onto streaming on stuff like Smartphones & Tablets.

There are plenty of devices that can do the same thing that the Xbox One can do, like newer Smart TV's (especially Samsung's), Apple TV's, Roku's, etc. It's nothing special or nothing new. And people don't have to pay $60 a year for a Xbox Live Gold subscription just to view most of the channels & to access apps.

Here's one of the articles about it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-19/u-s-pay-tv-subscriptions-fall-for-first-time-as-streaming-gains.html
#45HorridhalPosted 5/8/2014 12:57:21 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Ainodehna posted...

Why do PS4 fans even hang out on the Xbox One board? Nothing better to do?

Sony fanboys are truly the worst. You don't see XBox or Wii U fanboys hang around on the competitors forums for months.

Are you that idiotic?

The first 5 or 6 years of last gen prove you are completely wrong. The PS3 was trolled almost religiously by both groups.

All fanboys are equally bad.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#46robert_rangersuPosted 5/8/2014 1:00:29 PM
No the problem would be the backlash fro people who already bought the console wih kinect and didn't really want kinect with it. This reason alone is why it will NEVER happen.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#47AinodehnaPosted 5/8/2014 1:01:07 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Ainodehna posted...

It's the truth. More & more people are moving away from cable & onto streaming on stuff like Smartphones & Tablets.

There are plenty of devices that can do the same thing that the Xbox One can do, like newer Smart TV's (especially Samsung's), Apple TV's, Roku's, etc. It's nothing special or nothing new. And people don't have to have a monthly subscription just to view most of the channels.

First of all, again, anecdotal. And nothing on the Kinect? Hah.

There are over 100 million cable subs in the US right now alone, seems like a large enough addressable market to me. For context, last generation systems are hovering around 80 million in sales WORLDWIDE, so care to think about that one again?

Just as a side note, DirectTV and Verizon both gained subscribers last year.

So let me see your data now that no one cares about television or Kinect. I'll wait.
---
GSW
#48T-Virus935Posted 5/8/2014 1:15:46 PM
Give me an Xbox One that wasn't made for twelve year olds or couch potatoes for free and you almost got yourself a deal.
---
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
#49Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 1:22:41 PM
robert_rangersu posted...
No the problem would be the backlash fro people who already bought the console wih kinect and didn't really want kinect with it. This reason alone is why it will NEVER happen.

That's not too many people though, right?
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#50Shinobi120Posted 5/8/2014 1:26:56 PM(edited)
Ainodehna posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Ainodehna posted...

There are plenty of devices that can do the same thing that the Xbox One can do, like newer Smart TV's (especially Samsung's), Apple TV's, Roku's, etc. It's nothing special or nothing new. And people don't have to have a monthly subscription just to view most of the channels.

First of all, again, anecdotal. And nothing on the Kinect? Hah.

There are over 100 million cable subs in the US right now alone, seems like a large enough addressable market to me. For context, last generation systems are hovering around 80 million in sales WORLDWIDE, so care to think about that one again?

Just as a side note, DirectTV and Verizon both gained subscribers last year.

So let me see your data now that no one cares about television or Kinect. I'll wait.

Did you even read the article that I posted earlier?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-19/u-s-pay-tv-subscriptions-fall-for-first-time-as-streaming-gains.html