Does anyone else choose their console based on how it looks?

#1OpheliaAdenadePosted 5/8/2014 9:16:04 AM
Not how the games look, but how the console itself looks. That's why I got a wii u. It looks really sleek with the rounded edges and I got the wind waker bundle so the controller has gold timing on it. :o I plan on getting a ps4 as well after they release a white version. I think it'd look very elegant since that blue line running across it would stand out more against the white.

The xbone doesn't look as nice in my opinion, though I'm sure some of you may like how it looks. It just looks like a vhs player to me. :s it is almost exactly the same size as one.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#2ExDiosPosted 5/8/2014 9:17:25 AM
I'm sure some fool out there does. I personally don't care. The strangest looking console I've had is a Gamecube and I love it to death.
#3dnmtPosted 5/8/2014 9:17:42 AM
I like it when my console of choice looks especially cool but it has no real effect on my purchasing decisions.
#4Smoke410Posted 5/8/2014 9:18:47 AM
Nah I cant say that I do, but I agree with you on the Wii U its pretty sleek and cool looking. The Xbox One and PS4 are both ugly imo
---
Intel Core 2 Duo |Radeon HD 4200|4GB DDR2|
XB1: xXsirsm0keXx
#5InjusticeRebornPosted 5/8/2014 9:22:14 AM
No.

Example: I'm getting a PS4, but I don't like the way it looks. Prefer the look of the Xbox One. I didn't like either when they were revealed, but the One grew on me.
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#6SonyPonyTonyPosted 5/8/2014 9:23:20 AM
X1 looks like a lot of other components out there, like receivers. PS4 looks like an executive at sony sat on the clay model and they went with it.
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#7That_Damn_KidPosted 5/8/2014 9:23:59 AM
lol
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89///PS4, X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#8AnakeriePosted 5/8/2014 9:24:03 AM
I don't care if it looks like a diseased elephant and I insert the games into a bodily orifice. As long as it plays my games.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#9MetroidFan9999Posted 5/8/2014 9:24:56 AM
That_Damn_Kid posted...
lol

---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#10gohoanqPosted 5/8/2014 9:40:43 AM
Nope but I admit when i got the XO home the night I bought it... I immediately thought "this is how a next gen console should look" it just felt more.. professional to me xD I don't want to start any BS.. because it's just my opinion. Still though, I think the console, Kinect, and controller all look better than the PS4 and its stuff.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.