Official Insomniac Sunset Overdrive video

#91CKnightPosted 5/8/2014 4:36:20 PM
AenimaGenesis posted...
lol I love how they ripped off inFamous' power-line grinding.

Those graphics are very subpar when looking at games like Second Son, as well.

Still, a nice bone for Xbox fans for once I guess.

Grinding like that was in the Jet Set Radio game on Dreamcast.As was the similar style of wall running.

The graphics obviously isn't going for the hyper realism present in Second Son. Sunset Overdrive looks more cartoon and over the top which is good because not every game needs to look as real as possible. Your starting to sound like a graphic whore.

One bone in many.
#92lelioPosted 5/8/2014 4:48:11 PM
CKnight posted...
AenimaGenesis posted...

Grinding like that was in the Jet Set Radio game on Dreamcast.As was the similar style of wall running.

The graphics obviously isn't going for the hyper realism present in Second Son. Sunset Overdrive looks more cartoon and over the top which is good because not every game needs to look as real as possible. Your starting to sound like a graphic whore.

One bone in many.

I thought of Jet Set Radio right away too. Looks like fun to me. It won't make me buy and X1 but I'm not so childish as to say a game sucks because it's on the other box.
#93SS_MetalSonicPosted 5/8/2014 4:56:50 PM
CKnight posted...
AenimaGenesis posted...

One bone in many.

He aslo sounds like he don't know video games.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#94Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/8/2014 6:36:04 PM
Hopefully the shift away from their usual audience won't hurt them - especially given the aesthetic of the game. Looks great, I just have no interest in buying an xone.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#95SamcroReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 6:59:05 PM
AenimaGenesis posted...

As long as they dont copy Second's Sons horrendously boring gameplay, it will be great. But then again Sony fanboys value graphics over gameplay. lulz so stupid
#96SamcroReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:00:33 PM
AenimaGenesis posted...

As long as they dont copy Second's Sons horrendously boring gameplay, it will be great. But then again Sony fanboys value graphics over gameplay. lulz so stupid

Malus277 posted...
AenimaGenesis posted...

Being this casual..

Jet grind radio did it far before infamous did.

Ratchet and Clank did it before Infamous did it too. Sony fanboys arent even smart enough to remember what's in their own games. Probably because they troll more than they game. I would too if I was stuck with those exclusives.
#97OpheliaAdenadePosted 5/8/2014 7:01:01 PM
I actually think the game looks great. o.o I don't like that the main character looks like a punk hipster though. I refuse to play games with a main character like that.

It is so nice to see developers trying out an art style that does something besides try to imitate real life (if I wanted that I'd look out a window or something). And the distinct lack of a brown hue to everything is refreshing.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#98KOTRwhoopsPosted 5/8/2014 7:45:05 PM
Looks promising. Not overly excited, but because it's Insomniac behind it I'm sure it will be fantastic.
---
PLAYING - Dark Souls II (PC), Child Of Light (PS4), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#99Dev445Posted 5/8/2014 8:02:56 PM
Badass, Game looks Awesome! Can't wait to see more at E3
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#100kcypher2000Posted 5/8/2014 8:14:31 PM
I wasn't that interested in the game before but i am sold now. Day 1. They said anything about multiplayer yet?