Peggle 2 X1 no demo - 360 = insta-demo

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 5/8/2014 4:24:48 PM
Is anyone else clear why the Xbox one doesn't have demos or why Microsoft doesn't insist on the same access as the 360 has? As an Xbox one owner I can tell you I'm just fed up with this game plan..
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2crynryanPosted 5/8/2014 5:02:30 PM
It's a forced rule that every XBLA game has a demo. On the One, every game is seen as a game, there's no discrimination on anything as they're all seen as the same now.

Now, it's just up to the developer whether or not they want to put in the time and effort to make a demo.

One thing that might be holding most developers back on demos, is that each demo would have to be a separate download that would be different from the main game. On 360, a demo is just the full game but with parts of it locked off until you bought the key to unlock it. On the One, it's possible that they'd have to create a whole separate build of their game to only include the parts of it that are playable in the demo. This would require more work, time, and money since they'd have their game plus another separate download on the marketplace, which Microsoft might require money for.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3HelloImNotBobPosted 5/8/2014 6:20:12 PM
demoes are dumb anyway.

just buy the game. solves that.
#4matt-nicklinPosted 5/9/2014 2:29:56 AM
HelloImNotBob posted...
demoes are dumb anyway.

What if you're not sure if you'll like it, I'm not going to pay full price for a game I'm not sure I'll like.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#5Laylow12Posted 5/9/2014 2:31:44 AM
It's another step back from the 360. So many of these :(

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6SoulGeezerPosted 5/9/2014 2:39:40 AM
The lack of demos on the X1 is a pain, however these days if I want to find out whether I like a game I just use Twitch.

There are generally hundreds of people playing new releases at any one time with full commentary.

Indicative of the times I guess.
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 5/9/2014 2:52:02 AM
There is no reason the X1 cant have demos the same way as 360 where you download the game with most of it locked. Seriously there is nothing stopping is from happening on the hardware level.
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#8Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 4:55:56 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
There is no reason the X1 cant have demos the same way as 360 where you download the game with most of it locked. Seriously there is nothing stopping is from happening on the hardware level.

Exactly this
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#9Juzten76Posted 5/9/2014 5:01:59 AM
HelloImNotBob posted...
demoes are dumb anyway.

Being able to sample a game for free is dumb?
#10GeistPosted 5/9/2014 5:06:58 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Well outside of the reason that it's now up to the publisher and MS has no control over demos that is...
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!