Ted Price @ Insomniac : "Sunset Overdrive is only possible on Xbox One"

#51Lilithian_VPosted 5/8/2014 8:14:29 PM
A long time ago. Back in Gen 6 actually.
Certain developers were saying their upcoming game "Dead to Rights" was only possible on the Xbox due to its superior hardware. It came out on the PS2 as well.

When a devs or their PR starts touting that something is "only possible on X system" I get really skeptical.
---
PSN: Lilithian-V-
I think anyone who didn't experience gaming on the C64 back in the 80's shouldn't be allowed to professionally review games today. My opinion
#52SabramPosted 5/8/2014 8:20:19 PM
leathelj posted...
Agian you got ppl Hateing on the game simply because it's on xb1...gamers who hate games who would have thought : / on that note can't wait to play the game looks fun trailer was hype.

Do you even grammar bro?

On topic however, it's most likely "only possible" on Xbone due to Kinect implementation. Even if it's a minor thing. Although that would still not be completely true, because the PS Camera has just as good of motion tracking as Kinect, and any mic can take voice commands, even if some of the other "features" arent there.
---
I am completely original with my usernames... Starbound and Terraria are great
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#53TauriLeaderPosted 5/8/2014 8:47:13 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
They had me at the mutant van respawn.

Don't you mean floating van driving through wooden pole mutant van Respawn.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#54Reece504Posted 5/8/2014 8:50:33 PM
orestes1981 posted...
One thing is certain----MLB The Show is not possible on Xbox One

Lmfao has not seen nba 2k14, ryse or upcoming all footage captured on x1 ea UFC 2014 gameplay trailer which UFC looks a lot better than mlb
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#55Grenade LauncherPosted 5/8/2014 9:03:06 PM
lmao Sunset Overhype.

This game will flop like KSR and Project Spark. Xbots just don't go for this type of game, no matter how much they scream "day one!!!"
---
Herp Derp Merp Blerp
Grenade launcher is quality too. - Okikurmi
#56ThePaleRiderpPosted 5/8/2014 9:13:37 PM
How is something only possible on (insert system here) when it's competition is technologically superior and then there's PC's.
---
Why was Oedipus against profanity? Because he kisses his mother with that mouth.
#57xXVongolaRebornPosted 5/8/2014 10:48:01 PM
Reece504 posted...
orestes1981 posted...
One thing is certain----MLB The Show is not possible on Xbox One

Lmfao has not seen nba 2k14, ryse or upcoming all footage captured on x1 ea UFC 2014 gameplay trailer which UFC looks a lot better than mlb

I'm pretty sure he means it's not possible as Sony makes the game. (SCE San Diego)
---
PSN = xXGearSecond XBL= ILNI x iGear II
Steam = Dai-Gurren
#58KineticxSoulPosted 5/8/2014 10:58:38 PM
I'm not really all that impressed. It looks like Infamous on LSD. Not even the new Infamous. In theory, that sounds kind of cool, but from the gameplay vid I just saw... eh. If you have a PS4 just down some LSD and play some Infamous and you'll be set. Or get an Xbox One, maybe? I just expect more out of this new gen hardware. I mean, that's easy for me to say sitting here in front of my computer. I've never made a multi-million dollar game, some of the other games just look far more impressive to me.

That said, the art style is kind of nifty and the basic idea is pretty interesting I guess. For some reason... it gave me a weird pixar vibe... ya know, if hey made games where you exploded mutants and robots and stuff.
#59TBONE_OGPosted 5/9/2014 12:16:21 AM
This topic makes me laugh.

Ted Price did not say ""Sunset Overdrive is only possible on Xbox One" in that article/interview. But the TC put that in the topic title, and trolls and jealous fanboys went nuts.

Wonderful job. Don't some of you have a poll to vote in?
---
Always O.G.
#60Chao_YunPosted 5/9/2014 1:38:57 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wds4p5wkRc4#t=24

Guess that clears that up.

But maybe it's the Secret Xbox Powah?

http://hostech.us/previews

Talk to me about the advantages of developing on the Xbox One.

This is a big game. Thereís a giant city. Thereís a lot to explore. Weíre pushing things further visually than on any of our games previously, so you need powerful hardware for that. Thatís the obvious answer. And I know a lot of Xbox One owners out there will tell you itís a powerful machine. There are other aspects of it that I canít get into right now, but we can talk about them at a later date that would be beneficial for us as a developer.

3rd GPU?

Due to a big fat cashier's check, lol. Well done! ;P
---
Forest trees are greener.