Wii-U has SOLD 6.17 million consoles. How long until XBOX ONE does the same?

#31InjusticeRebornPosted 5/8/2014 9:32:00 PM
I feel like in the mood to play this morning

kcypher2000 posted...

So many 180s...

This.

I'm not going to dump on the Wii U games, because they look great and lots of fun (can't wait for Mario Kart 8 either).

That said, wasn't once said by Laylow and crowd that the only reason the Xbox One has managed 1080p because of the games it does it with? Sports game = "not a lot going on". And Forza 5 = "lol baked sunlight, cardboard cut out crowd".

Same applies to the Wii U games, no? I can't speak for MK8, but the others? Why the sudden change of heart in picking apart what is in the game (no not, in this case) to make 1080p?

That said, the those of you saying "the Wii U couldn't run Battlefield 4 in 1080p". Neither of the consoles can. XD
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#32Tajaz2426Posted 5/8/2014 9:37:47 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Its running last gen looking games at 1080p how is that impressive lol?

Are you really laughing at a console for hitting 1080p on not so intense games? Titanfall has last gen graphics, trails fusion has last gen graphics, ghosts has last gen graphics, PvsZ is a cartoon look, thief looks last gen, tomb raider cut scenes can't even hit 1080 60fps, it cannot hit 1080 in any of these cases.

Why would you make fun of a weaker console, when you have a weak one yourself. Both systems are capable enough and have a bunch of fun games.

You on the other hand just fanboyed yourself into the ridiculous zone. Stop posting, please.

lol wat titanfall and tomb raider look bad now? try harder wii u fanboy

Did I say Tomb Raider looked last gen? Look past your green colored glasses. I would have put it after the game as such as the others. Then check every post I've had, I have a distain for fanboys.

So once more reading comprehension and take the glasses off, your making yourself look bad. Also check reviews they also state the graphics look last gen. Have a good evening.
#33matt-nicklinPosted 5/8/2014 10:13:34 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Why and who is buying a Wii u.....to each there own but I don't see it.

Mario kart 8, that is all you need to know.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#34embrandedonePosted 5/8/2014 10:49:06 PM
Reece504 posted...
BaronVladz posted...
BaronVladz posted...

Aside from the ones I listed (MH3U, Rayman, Wind Waker) are there more that I don't know of? Honest question

?

Answer is none I also heard mh3 was upscaled and not native but I'm not sure

NSMB U
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2

Took less than 10 seconds. What's wrong? Couldn't get Xbox to bing it for you?
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#35Hustler NinePosted 5/9/2014 12:23:10 AM
It's SHIPPED, not sold. Kids should go and learn what shipped means.

Shipped means SOLD to retailers. In the links you posted the word SOLD is used, but that is SOLD to retailers not to consumers.

Remember kids - every financial report uses SHIPPED numbers!
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#36Tajaz2426Posted 5/9/2014 12:29:22 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
It's SHIPPED, not sold. Kids should go and learn what shipped means.

Shipped means SOLD to retailers. In the links you posted the word SOLD is used, but that is SOLD to retailers not to consumers.

Remember kids - every financial report uses SHIPPED numbers!

It would have to say sold through, as you are correct, but Sony does use sold through, so not all companies use shipped.

The end game here is how long it will take the XBOX To reach the wiiu, my prediction is November once the holiday push starts. JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, are notoriously slow. So, a year to pass the Wii, not good nor bad. Sales do not matter anyway as long a the purchasers are happy.
#37Lemmywinks13Posted 5/9/2014 1:40:03 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Why and who is buying a Wii u.....to each there own but I don't see it.

What an ignorant statement.

It's half the price of an Xbone and it has tons of high quality exclusives out and more on the way. Awesome Virtual console games you can't get anywhere else. Great web browser. Cool gamepad features (off tv play, two player with no splitscreen, etc)...good enough reasons?
#38dnmtPosted 5/9/2014 2:09:25 AM(edited)
kcypher2000 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Don't know. Only the U.S. has been keeping the Xbox One afloat in sales. Question is, how long will that last?

Wait i thought only US matters? Because the wiiu is bombing everywhere else. Also the ps4 is in over 4 times the countries but everyone says only the US matters when that is brought up...

So many 180s...

What exactly do you think is going to happen in September when the PS4 is already outselling the Xbone in every single country they're both available in?
#39dnmtPosted 5/9/2014 2:05:00 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Its running last gen looking games at 1080p how is that impressive lol?

Are you really laughing at a console for hitting 1080p on not so intense games? Titanfall has last gen graphics, trails fusion has last gen graphics, ghosts has last gen graphics, PvsZ is a cartoon look, thief looks last gen, tomb raider cut scenes can't even hit 1080 60fps, it cannot hit 1080 in any of these cases.

Why would you make fun of a weaker console, when you have a weak one yourself. Both systems are capable enough and have a bunch of fun games.

You on the other hand just fanboyed yourself into the ridiculous zone. Stop posting, please.

lol wat titanfall and tomb raider look bad now? try harder wii u fanboy

What about Ghosts? It's one of the ugliest games around even on PC and the Xbone can't run it beyond 720p..
#40Chao_YunPosted 5/9/2014 2:08:45 AM
I think the Xbone is now outselling the PS4 in North America by a small margin. The Wii U is not a close competitor. Now, if you want to talk about hand-helds, or just systems sold in general, then Nintendo has a big smiley face. The Wii U did not go as planned for them, though. I am curious. What will they do next? They have a lot of cash and a lot of different directions they could go.
---
Forest trees are greener.