Wii-U has SOLD 6.17 million consoles. How long until XBOX ONE does the same?

#51CharadeSmithPosted 5/9/2014 3:19:50 AM
by then ps4 will be at 12 million

;D
---
Worst games of 2014: Titanfall, Destiny, COD:AW, AC Unity, Mario Kart 8, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break... list TBC
#52Ryan-06Posted 5/9/2014 3:22:07 AM
Wii Died =(
---
chart: http://ow.ly/uuJ6g
chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#53Hustler NinePosted 5/9/2014 3:22:37 AM
mokmuud posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
It's SHIPPED, not sold. Kids should go and learn what shipped means.

Shipped means SOLD to retailers. In the links you posted the word SOLD is used, but that is SOLD to retailers not to consumers.

Remember kids - every financial report uses SHIPPED numbers!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html

Yes, this link shows shipped official nintendo numbers.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#54lavos24551hPosted 5/9/2014 3:43:26 AM
to end the debate - yes, more WiiU games run at true 1080p than ether Xbone or PS4

while both PS4 and Xbone claim to run games at 1080p...most games for those 2 systems actually dont

keep in mind while graphically the WiiU is a big step up form te Wii...its still somewhat below PS4 and Xbone...yet it can run many more games at full 1080p

while the graphics arent quite as good the fact it has powerful enough hardware to run most of its games at 1080p i think says somethin

kinda reminds me back to the days of the N64 and Gamecube...systems so brutally powerful capability-wise that they were better in almost every aspect than PS1 or PS2/Xbox

given nintendo is no longer the leader when it comes to "best graphics" but even without that...they make their money in other ways that personally i think have more meaning...like actual games that arent afraid to break away from the overused generic crap we get too much of nowadays

also Nintendo is still the leader in Innovation when it comes to gaming...but their also smart about it...they always have a successful system to fall back on if something else doesnt work out...such as the 3DS in this case

given i think the WiiU is doing fine...the current gen of consoles was pretty much doomed to have the slowest attach rate from even before the WiiU came out to kickstart the generation before PS4 and Xbone were made

so i dont expect sales of any of the 3 consoles to just jump sky-high overnight..this generation is gonna take a while to catch on...and thats assumnig Microsoft can actually turn around their system so that people actually care about it...think they kinda screwed up a few too many things pre-release lol

then again, microsofts been boning its customers since the original Xbox released in the PS2-era.. so im not surprised honestly
---
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - MPH DS FC: 1765 51154 9720
Normal Friend Safari (Lillipup/Loudred/Eevee) - 3DS FC: 1762 4094 2711
#55lavos24551hPosted 5/9/2014 3:54:22 AM
also for those who claim "wii is dead" i beg your pardon...but your wrong

now im not gonna claim this with absolute certainty but i will use past experience thaat actually happened with Nintendo:

the WiiU is currently in a slump...guess what also was in a slump for a while? Wii...guess what turned into a machine that you put discs in and it prints hard cash out for Nintendo on theo ther end? Wii

if you think a slump like this is the end of Nintendo or the Wii console line, i suggest you learn your place

Nintendo for one, isnt stupid...they know if somethin doesnt work they have to fix it...i suspect much like the Wii, this slump is only temporary...the Wii of course became literally the most sold console of all time...actually topping the original NES/Nintendo eventually...yet it had a big slump that lasted around a year if not a bit more too...so why do you people think that a slump is going to ruin nintendo?

Nintendo is the big cheese of gaming...the boss...while they werent the first company to produce consoles they were the first one that was truly successful...and theyve applied these decades of experience in the gaming industry

one rather unintelligent person tried to tell me the WiiU is "the new VirtualBoy"...yet that couldnt be farther from the truth...the WiiU is still selling even if sales are in a most likely temporary decline...virtual boy literally flat out died and stopped selling not long after release and had all of 14 or so games mostly launch titles..

the WiiU may be in a slump...but i can almost guarantee that its temporary just like its predecessor the Wii...besides...we got 2 great titles coming to WiiU htis year...Mario Kaart 8 very soon and Smash Bros later this year...both gamess quite deserving of all the hype and guaranteed to sell well due to their respective fanbases being quite large
---
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - MPH DS FC: 1765 51154 9720
Normal Friend Safari (Lillipup/Loudred/Eevee) - 3DS FC: 1762 4094 2711
#56SparkItUpPosted 5/9/2014 4:00:50 AM
Laylow12 posted...
My guess is since they're at 3.5 million sold and doing roughly 400,000 a month, around November or December?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-sales-reach-6-17-million-as-nintendo-reveals-best-selling-games-to-date/1100-6419486/

I'm thinking more so around August or September. You're going to start seeing a major uptick in console sales with the summer rush coming & then Christmas shopping after that.
#57RaRitsujunPosted 5/9/2014 4:17:49 AM
Don't give up, MS!! lol
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#58Exodus_PrimePosted 5/9/2014 5:58:46 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
God Laylow you're a sad troll.

He knows.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#59Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/9/2014 6:03:21 AM
You aren't very good at guessing if you are guessing they are at 3.5 million sold. That isn't what you are doing though TBQH.
#60AinodehnaPosted 5/9/2014 7:48:17 AM
lavos24551h posted...

so i dont expect sales of any of the 3 consoles to just jump sky-high overnight..this generation is gonna take a while to catch on...and thats assumnig Microsoft can actually turn around their system so that people actually care about it...think they kinda screwed up a few too many things pre-release lol

then again, microsofts been boning its customers since the original Xbox released in the PS2-era.. so im not surprised honestly

Just curious, what does the bolded part mean? Considering you're espousing the benefits of a console that has only outsold the Xbox by 1.6 million units despite being on sale a full year longer, I'm not quite sure I understand your logic.
---
GSW