Friendly question to those who say the grinding in SO reminds you of Infamous

#1ssj954vegitoPosted 5/8/2014 8:57:14 PM
Have any of you ever played Ratchet and Clank? A former Insomniac game which had grinding long before Infamous existed and entire levels based on it? Because the grinding here looks MUCH more like R&C, especially with the pace.

Example: http://youtu.be/UfVf4wiRv3M?t=5m58s

Other than the pose when you're weaponless, I'm not seeing the similarity to InFamous
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#2Reece504Posted 5/8/2014 9:13:22 PM
They just salty that's all it looks nothing like infamous if you played them both
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#3BeefEasterPosted 5/8/2014 9:15:16 PM
^again in english please?
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#4JoeSkeletorPosted 5/8/2014 9:19:23 PM
I dont care whos grind it looks like the game looks good but a little curb your enthusiasm is needed i was overyhped by fuse and that was a huge let down. Im definitely gonna keep my eyes on this but im skeptical they are trying to go to far out of thier comfort zone.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#5SamcroReaperPosted 5/8/2014 9:24:53 PM
People who think they're ripping off a game that ripped off a bunch of other games are fools. Just ignore them.
#6cmincPosted 5/8/2014 9:27:58 PM
Sunset overdrive, like titanfall, killer intinct, halo, gears, forza, quantum break and all the others, is just another exclusive title that insecure ps4 fans have to convince themselves they hate because all they have that's any good are indies, and they dont want to admit it.

Seriously, look at the crap this board gets on a semi constant basis and compare it to the general 'meh' feeling thats found across the ps4 boards where the 'normal' ps4 owners are. For as great as ps4 SHOULD be, sony's still sony and the order isnt going to help.

Also, jet set radio. Not infamous, dumbies. No one on this planet has EVER been so impressed with ANYTHING that infamous has done to use it as a source of inspiration.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#7Apex-PlayerPosted 5/8/2014 9:32:13 PM
Dead Rising 3,
reskin zombies, make new bosses, add grinding.
Sunset Overdrive.

Will likely have less weapon combinations then Dead Rising.
With graphics way worse then inFamous SS.

TitanFall type hype on this board already = lol
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#8RemakeMePosted 5/8/2014 10:56:57 PM(edited)
i have yet to see anyone say it's a rip off of infamous. just that aesthetically it looks closest to dead rising, jet set, etc but when people throw in that aesthetically it looks like infamous as well (which i agree) then fanboys automatically get all defensive and start putting words in peoples mouths thinking they must be calling it a rip off. Nobody is calling it an infamous ripoff, just that it has alot of elements from alot of games and that's not a bad thing. So stop getting so butthurt over nothing.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#9Cornbread4lifePosted 5/8/2014 11:00:42 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Dead Rising 3,
reskin zombies, make new bosses, add grinding.
Sunset Overdrive.

Will likely have less weapon combinations then Dead Rising.
With graphics way worse then inFamous SS.

TitanFall type hype on this board already = lol

Why are you so negative all the time?
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#10nableetPosted 5/8/2014 11:43:18 PM
RemakeMe posted...
i have yet to see anyone say it's a rip off of infamous. just that aesthetically it looks closest to dead rising, jet set, etc but when people throw in that aesthetically it looks like infamous as well (which i agree) then fanboys automatically get all defensive and start putting words in peoples mouths thinking they must be calling it a rip off. Nobody is calling it an infamous ripoff, just that it has alot of elements from alot of games and that's not a bad thing. So stop getting so butthurt over nothing.

This. My first thought upon seeing the gameplay was "looks a lot like infamous" which is not a bad thing, although with the amount of hate spewed towards infamous the xbox fanboys must deny any and all similarity!

SO looks good, hope it doesn't get overhyped and people get disappointed at their unrealistic expectations not being met.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff