After careful consideration...

#1TinyTankXPosted 5/8/2014 9:32:43 PM(edited)
...and loads of research, comparison videos, gameplay, etc.

I've decided to get an Xbox One for my "next gen" (and that's an understatement) experience.

It was difficult, but because I'm more familiar with some of the franchises on Xbox One, my friend's wanting to continue with the Xbox, and other stupid reasons, it's why I chose this system.

Still, it bothers me how much, as gamers, we attack one another. A constant bashing of consoles, the desires for companies to fail, and just destroying the whole point in video gaming... that's what sucks about this generation right now. I'm sure in the 90s there was the whole Nintendo vs Sony vs Sega stuff, but I was too young to notice it.. and you know, you probably were too. Because... you were having fun with whatever your parents bought you.

And if you were older? Well.. you should be able to own all the systems now at this point lol.
#2nableetPosted 5/8/2014 11:24:20 PM
Going where your friends are is the most sensible thing to do. Sure playing alone is ok, but getting in an MP game with all your buddies is the most fun possible whilst wearing clothes ;-)
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#3Tajaz2426Posted 5/9/2014 12:05:31 AM
nableet posted...
Going where your friends are is the most sensible thing to do. Sure playing alone is ok, but getting in an MP game with all your buddies is the most fun possible whilst wearing clothes ;-)

This is true. I never started gaming till I got stationed away from family and my kids talked me into getting a PS3 a couple years ago. I've been away from home for 4 years now and being able to talk and play online with them has been a godsend, trying to fit in with them and their hobbies. Hurts though that mommabear only allows them 30minutes to an hour a day if their homework is done and weekends are hard because of sports and what not. However that little amount of time with them, allowed me to meet other like minded people that just enjoyed gaming.

Anyhow, I preordered us 4 PS4's for launch and we moved into the next generation with Sony mostly because the kids and my friends I had made. So, Nableet is absolutely correct and I believe the biggest consideration for a console is 60 or so percent your friends and family.

You do have stinking fanboys that only buy their brand even if it is crappy, however this gen we are all lucky as the One and the 4 are great consoles that haven't even started their stride.

Tiny, your always going to have crazy fanboys ruining things for casuals and even some hardcore gamers, although I only consider PC folks hardcore. You can see the rabbit fanboys on this board and the other that spin and spin and can't admit issues that their perspective console has. Like the weakness of the One, or the lack of innovation on the 4.

Remember this is just a small sample of gamers on this site, bud. As long as you enjoy your box with family and friends, it will always be fun. Sorry so long guys, I started writing and at the same time missing my kids, so it got drawn out. Have a great gaming day!