Is Sunset Overdrive the new Titanfall?

#41Ramsus082Posted 5/9/2014 9:29:31 AM

I knew this was sarcasm before the spoilers. Not because i'm awesome like that, but because the most vocal people that visit us dont actually play their ps4's.

They hook them up, download some indies, copy digital foundry benchmarks to their clipboard and then, finally, paste them here : )

Not that i blame them. I'd be upset if all the cool, buzzworthy games werent available for the 'superior' system i bought and i had to HOPE for multiplat sequels, too. Not that i'm a sony hater, either.

It's just that for as much as we hear about how much better ps4 is, and how much our exclusives suck, we never hear anything about all the great games we're missing out on by skipping ps. There's killzone, knack, resogun and infamous now. Soon, there will be the order and driveclub (and i assume a definitive turismo 6 to go with the definitive last of us).

I'm sure all those titles play, or will play, fine. But i never hear anything positive about the gameplay experiences and theres never any excitement for them on the ps4 board or even here.

Meanwhile, killer instinct got people excited and has people hooked. Titanfall was hyped to the moon and pleased most everyone (to an extent that the ps4 board is excited about it maybe coming to ps4). Forza 5 has its own subculture, people have been excited for sunset overdrive since last year, quantum break is regularly brought up as potentially awesome and then there's halo, gears, crackdown, fable, all the other regulars, plus new ip and whatever ends up coming for kinect (if there are people in the house that enjoy it). Plus multiplats that are either the same or damn close to it.

Sony seems to have sales numbers and that's about it beyond a demons souls sequel. Prove me wrong, kids.

Holy crap, dude. Who are you defending your console from, and why are you doing it?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#42Ramsus082Posted 5/9/2014 9:32:07 AM(edited)
On topic, SO looks awesome and it's from a developer that makes great game engines and gun mechanics. I'd wager it'll have a very sophisticated physics engine to support it. Visually, it's the most impressive-looking X1 title to my eyes, considering the scope of the world and the free-roaming.

So no, not like Titanfall.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#43DarthUchiha91Posted 5/9/2014 9:33:12 AM
Nope, this game will be better than titanfall. A real x-1 exclusive.
---
You can find me in da club, bottle full of bub, man I got that X-1, if you into playing wit scrubs
- 50 cent
#44GladiatorDangerPosted 5/9/2014 9:36:05 AM
bushidoblitzz posted...
A game that gets discussed nonstop on this board and gets heralded as the next big game that will save M$?

Of course that means the game will be just be mediocre and all hype will fizzle out after a month, and then nobody will ever talk about it again.

When will Micro$oft catch a break? When will we Xbox gamers catch a break? We deserve better than this, we deserve games with some relevancy.

Well I suppose at least it actually is an exclusive this time.
#45ExempliGratiaPosted 5/9/2014 9:38:51 AM
I never knew Titanfall was release to "save" the Xbox. I thought Titanfall was supposed to be the X1 first killer app. I'm not too sure what the Xbox needs saving from.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#46SupaflyGibsonPosted 5/9/2014 9:48:16 AM
bushidoblitzz posted...
A game that gets discussed nonstop on this board and gets heralded as the next big game that will save M$?

Of course that means the game will be just be mediocre and all hype will fizzle out after a month, and then nobody will ever talk about it again.

When will Micro$oft catch a break? When will we Xbox gamers catch a break? We deserve better than this, we deserve games with some relevancy.

Only trolls are claiming it to be ms's 'savior' and whatnot. Bottom line is the xone doesn't need saving. It will be a good game but thats it.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#47kyncaniPosted 5/9/2014 9:48:55 AM
aj4x94 posted...
No way in Seven Hells could this possibly be more overhyped(and fall short) than Titanfall.

Actually there is.
It's an Insomniac game, and here are their last games with Metacritic scores :

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - 70/100
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - 63/100
Fuse - 65/100
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - 76/100
Sunset Overdrive - ???

For reference, Titanfall is rated 86/100.
#48ExempliGratiaPosted 5/9/2014 9:51:44 AM
kyncani posted...
aj4x94 posted...
No way in Seven Hells could this possibly be more overhyped(and fall short) than Titanfall.

Actually there is.

Fuse - 65/100
Sunset Overdrive - ???

I see. I'm guessing the game is going to automatically suck because of this? Amiright?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#49kyncaniPosted 5/9/2014 10:20:05 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
kyncani posted...
aj4x94 posted...

Actually there is.

Fuse - 65/100
Sunset Overdrive - ???

I see. I'm guessing the game is going to automatically suck because of this? Amiright?

No, not automatic.

But Insomniac games have been declining since the last 15 years.
Here are their first four games :

Spyro: Year of the Dragon - 91/100
Ratchet & Clank - 88/100
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - 90/100
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - 91/100

After that, all their games have been in the 80-90/100 range with one 76/100.

And now they've all been in the low 60-80/100 range.

Dunno what happened there.
#50Maverick_ReznorPosted 5/9/2014 10:43:44 AM
Didn't realize Microsoft needed saving. The only company billions in debt that I know of is Sony.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, Dark Souls 2, Kirby Triple D, Mario Golf: World Tour
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886