Is Sunset Overdrive the new Titanfall?

#51ExempliGratiaPosted 5/9/2014 9:46:52 AM
kyncani posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
kyncani posted...
aj4x94 posted...
No way in Seven Hells could this possibly be more overhyped(and fall short) than Titanfall.

Actually there is.
It's an Insomniac game, and here are their last games with Metacritic scores :

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - 70/100
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - 63/100
Fuse - 65/100
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - 76/100
Sunset Overdrive - ???

For reference, Titanfall is rated 86/100.

I see. I'm guessing the game is going to automatically suck because of this? Amiright?

No, not automatic.

But Insomniac games have been declining since the last 15 years.
Here are their first four games :

Spyro: Year of the Dragon - 91/100
Ratchet & Clank - 88/100
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - 90/100
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - 91/100

After that, all their games have been in the 80-90/100 range with one 76/100.

And now they've all been in the low 60-80/100 range.

Dunno what happened there.

Must mean they can never get good scores ever again. It's over they should stop making Sunset Overdrive it will never be good.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#52kyncaniPosted 5/9/2014 9:57:51 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
kyncani posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
kyncani posted...
aj4x94 posted...
No way in Seven Hells could this possibly be more overhyped(and fall short) than Titanfall.

Actually there is.

Fuse - 65/100
Sunset Overdrive - ???

I see. I'm guessing the game is going to automatically suck because of this? Amiright?

No, not automatic.

But Insomniac games have been declining since the last 15 years.
Here are their first four games :

Spyro: Year of the Dragon - 91/100
Ratchet & Clank - 88/100
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - 90/100
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - 91/100

After that, all their games have been in the 80-90/100 range with one 76/100.

And now they've all been in the low 60-80/100 range.

Dunno what happened there.

Must mean they can never get good scores ever again. It's over they should stop making Sunset Overdrive it will never be good.

And well, they're still making it.
#53THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 5/9/2014 10:09:51 AM
Yup.

Has been called next savior already.
---
Warning: I have a different views about stuff so try not to get worked up. OK?
#54THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 5/9/2014 10:13:46 AM
kyncani posted...
aj4x94 posted...

Actually there is.

Fuse - 65/100
Sunset Overdrive - ???

Nexus was rated far too low on Metacritic to me. I liked it alot.

History goes out the window when you become Xbox exclusive. Now suddenly Insomniac is about to be GOTY devs over night.
---
#55gurnoor01Posted 5/9/2014 10:13:55 AM
First of all this is the most valid point I've seen in this topic.
wake_me_420 posted...
Pretty much this. I am a PS4 owner and I would buy this, as well as Titanfall and Plants vs Zombies...maybe Dead Rising 3 as well. I'm not jealous, but I can be honest and say those are games that look like fun.

I play mostly multiplatform and can't wait for UFC, but I think XB1 has a somewhat more appealing exclusives to date. That being said, there are some enjoyable exclusives on PS4 as well. The whole 'PS4 has no games' argument is childish and just wrong.

Both systems should have some great games displayed at E3.

Now let me tell all of you trolls that first of all each console has it's own features that many people like and don't like. Xbox 1 is a bit more entertainment oriented, PS4 is in some cases is gaming oriented.
And to dowse the flames a bit...
For PS4fans:
Just because a console did not have a good start does not mean it sucks. For eg.Look at the PS3, it wasn't that popular compared to xb360 when it started but later gained ground when Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch stepped in. And Xb1 does not need any saving. The Kinect has been improved too, and motion gaming can expect a storm.

For XboxOnefans:
Yes, there are really great exclusives like SO and Titanfall, but Sony still has Naughty Dog left to give input for PS4. Not only that, the massive design failures of the PS3 controller have been fixed and Ps4 is on par in terms of controllers with the Xbox1. Also, the Ps4 has a bit less bootup times.

In my opinion, both are great in their own rights and have their own pros and cons, both will surely have their own awesome exclusives and none of them is better than the other.

And for you doubters out there, This is not coming from a fanboy. I own both systems and have no reason to support one.
#56GeminiX7Posted 5/9/2014 10:34:56 AM
cminc posted...
da_StoOge posted...
I hope so. I hope it sucks so bad that everyone looking forward to it is super depressed. And I hope they go through life feeling worse for having being excited for that game.

That would get me off as I play my PS4. I'd like that very much.

duh. Sarcasm

I knew this was sarcasm before the spoilers. Not because i'm awesome like that, but because the most vocal people that visit us dont actually play their ps4's.

They hook them up, download some indies, copy digital foundry benchmarks to their clipboard and then, finally, paste them here : )

Not that i blame them. I'd be upset if all the cool, buzzworthy games werent available for the 'superior' system i bought and i had to HOPE for multiplat sequels, too. Not that i'm a sony hater, either.

It's just that for as much as we hear about how much better ps4 is, and how much our exclusives suck, we never hear anything about all the great games we're missing out on by skipping ps. There's killzone, knack, resogun and infamous now. Soon, there will be the order and driveclub (and i assume a definitive turismo 6 to go with the definitive last of us).

I'm sure all those titles play, or will play, fine. But i never hear anything positive about the gameplay experiences and theres never any excitement for them on the ps4 board or even here.

Meanwhile, killer instinct got people excited and has people hooked. Titanfall was hyped to the moon and pleased most everyone (to an extent that the ps4 board is excited about it maybe coming to ps4). Forza 5 has its own subculture, people have been excited for sunset overdrive since last year, quantum break is regularly brought up as potentially awesome and then there's halo, gears, crackdown, fable, all the other regulars, plus new ip and whatever ends up coming for kinect (if there are people in the house that enjoy it). Plus multiplats that are either the same or damn close to it.

Sony seems to have sales numbers and that's about it beyond a demons souls sequel. Prove me wrong, kids. Prove me wrong.

Nope. Not salty at all. And good job thinking the trolls on this board (or any) actually enjoy any of the systems more than they enjoy garnering teary eyed rage responses like yours. I bet you still believe in Santa Claus too.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#57iSkadooshPosted 5/9/2014 10:39:26 AM
Geist posted...

So what you're saying is you went back on your trolling and went out and bought both the XB1 and TF? Well seems it can't be that mediocre if it got someone like you to buy it.

I always did intend on buying an X1 since as a gamer I like to have options and I also lack the fanatical personality to tie me to one console despite how inferior it may be just because of the brand name. As for titanfall, I got a free copy and was still disappointed by it, why microsoft chose to overhype an fps with half the content of it's leading competitors is beyond me.

Skynet82997 posted...

That statement might actually have some validity to it, were it not for the fact that you and your ilk do nothing but try to incite flame wars all day on this board, then sit back and pretend it's everyone else's fault.

And while you'll never admit that, it's obvious to anyone who is not clinically insane that your whole angle is to drop negativity bombs, along with personal insults, to rile up XB1 fans.

Now, there are people with legitimate complaints/negative feelings towards XB1, but you are certainly not one of them. You're just a passive/aggressive **** stirrer who likes to bait and flame all day long.

If anything is "so sad" it's your infantile behavior.

When have I ever done any of that? I come here to share and discuss my opinion on xbox related news since I own an xbox. If you find my opinion to be this upsetting maybe use the ignore button like most of your ilk that are so attached to a console you feel any criticism on it is a personal attack.
---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
#58LooksLikeRainPosted 5/9/2014 11:16:01 AM
THIS JUST IN!!

PEOPLE GET EXCITED FOR NEW AAA GAMES. ALL OF THEM.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#59lninjasoniclPosted 5/9/2014 11:21:29 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
THIS JUST IN!!

If that's true why aren't we seeing 100 Destiny topics? Probably because it's not exclusive.
---
In High School I was voted most appropriate.
#60THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 5/9/2014 11:24:45 AM
lninjasonicl posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
THIS JUST IN!!

If that's true why aren't we seeing 100 Destiny topics? Probably because it's not exclusive.

Because Destiny is gonna sell like rock regardless therefore no need to hype it.
---