What is the point of sunset overdrive?

#11Sevi_ney(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 5:10:45 AM
I haven't reached any conclusive conclusion, which is why I'm asking the question.

I didn't even know there was a multiplayer component. There's a lot I don't know, which is why I'm asking questions.

It looks like an explosively colorful world that could offer a lot of dynamic gameplay and stuff.

And yeah, if I feel like making a minor snap-judgement, that's my prerogative. I'm not asking you to respect my opinion, I'm asking you to respect my right to have one.
---
http://imgur.com/8nh2xDC
#12Massillon_GPosted 5/9/2014 5:17:04 AM
Players navigate the open world metropolis Sunset City in 2027. The dystopian world is controlled by the corporation FizzCo. The player character is a FizzCo employee tasked with cleaning up the mess left behind from a party FizzCo has thrown in celebration of the launch of their new energy drink, Overcharge Delirium XT. Players fight the OD'd, humans who have mutated from drinking too much of the energy drink.
---
GT: MGG 9000
#13PominAusPosted 5/9/2014 5:24:46 AM
You have every right to have an opinion chap, chill out. I was merely trying to point out that we really don't know much about the game.
#14Sevi_ney(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 5:31:18 AM
I agree Pomin, but I also did not say anything to the contrary, so that spiel about opinion wasn't aimed at you specifically.

My question now is thus: Would it be so out of the question to infer that the majority of gameplay in Sunset Overdrive will be either similar or exactly the same as that 4 minute reveal video?
---
http://imgur.com/8nh2xDC
#15SS_MetalSonicPosted 5/9/2014 5:39:04 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
I haven't reached any conclusive conclusion, which is why I'm asking the question.

I didn't even know there was a multiplayer component. There's a lot I don't know, which is why I'm asking questions.

It looks like an explosively colorful world that could offer a lot of dynamic gameplay and stuff.

And yeah, if I feel like making a minor snap-judgement, that's my prerogative. I'm not asking you to respect my opinion, I'm asking you to respect my right to have one.

Lol
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#16120N7Posted 5/9/2014 5:42:42 AM
Opinions cut both ways. And, as they say, "ask a stupid question..."
#17ExisT3nTiaLPosted 5/9/2014 5:49:50 AM
I am in agreement TC...as in, I wondered the same thing to myself. I love the art style and overall story and presentation...but I too wondered about the gameplay aspects and repetitive nature displayed in the video.

I have high hopes however and am looking forward to it.
---
I wish I had some whiskey and a gun my dear...
GAMERTAG: EXisT3nTiaL
#18GeistPosted 5/9/2014 5:52:05 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
My question now is thus: Would it be so out of the question to infer that the majority of gameplay in Sunset Overdrive will be either similar or exactly the same as that 4 minute reveal video?

One would assume so. But like others have already stated, that is how all games tend to work. So if the video does not "do it" for you, then just skip it.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#19Massillon_GPosted 5/9/2014 5:52:50 AM
Sevi_ney posted...

Nope. The gameplay trailer was just to throw you off. It's really a first person kart racer.
---
GT: MGG 9000
#20Juzten76Posted 5/9/2014 5:55:43 AM
Massillon_G posted...
Sevi_ney posted...

Nope. The gameplay trailer was just to throw you off. It's really a first person kart racer.

Lol.