What is the point of sunset overdrive?

#21Joey-ZazaPosted 5/9/2014 4:56:51 AM
What do you mean TC? Have you ever played a game like it before? GTA or Assassin's Creed or Farcry 3 or Infamous or Sleeping Dogs or other open world games with "missions" in them.

If you seriously haven't played any of those games listed you should give it a try.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#22PominAusPosted 5/9/2014 4:58:36 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Massillon_G posted...
Sevi_ney posted...

My question now is thus: Would it be so out of the question to infer that the majority of gameplay in Sunset Overdrive will be either similar or exactly the same as that 4 minute reveal video?

Nope. The gameplay trailer was just to throw you off. It's really a first person kart racer.

Lol.
#23Charity_DiaryPosted 5/9/2014 5:14:17 AM
Do people not realize the game is just DR3 with a new paint job and a few new abilities? Same combo weapons and everything.
---
GT: Blueberry Whale ... ESO: Lights-Sparks or @Charity_Diary
Learn to swim <3
#24cooolioPosted 5/9/2014 5:19:10 AM
Charity_Diary posted...
Do people not realize the game is just DR3 with a new paint job and a few new abilities? Same combo weapons and everything.

You already said that in another thread man. Just leave it alone. Plenty of games were doing crazy weapons and open worlds before dead rising. Besides, the power ups seem fun. The important things is how all the mechanics fit together. It may look like DR3, but it probably will feel like whole other experience when you actually play it see all the features working together.
#25chedibang1994Posted 5/9/2014 5:20:27 AM
Charity_Diary posted...

I seen other things as well and if your right this game will be a much bigger scale compared to dead rising 3 since we are having explosion and new parkour elements with gasp!!!! Giant bosses and better platforming!!!!!
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#26cooolioPosted 5/9/2014 5:29:23 AM
Massillon_G posted...
Players navigate the open world metropolis Sunset City in 2027. The dystopian world is controlled by the corporation FizzCo. The player character is a FizzCo employee tasked with cleaning up the mess left behind from a party FizzCo has thrown in celebration of the launch of their new energy drink, Overcharge Delirium XT. Players fight the OD'd, humans who have mutated from drinking too much of the energy drink.

This explains most of it. The gameplay trailer also mentioned other factions and characters and side missions. Insomniac has also said that they will gather feedback to deliver updates to the world to keep it fresh and changing. All that information is out there if you just search for it.

I think that a lot of people who are assuming that it will probably get repetitive think that it will just revolve around killing enemies and not have much to do besides that.
#27Sevi_ney(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 6:08:55 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
What do you mean TC? Have you ever played a game like it before? GTA or Assassin's Creed or Farcry 3 or Infamous or Sleeping Dogs or other open world games with "missions" in them.

If you seriously haven't played any of those games listed you should give it a try.

I seriously doubt Sunset Overdrive is going to have the same degree of immersion in it's missions as GTA. And I don't think it's in the same genre as Assassins Creed, Infamous or Watch Dogs. It's actually more of a platformer / party game.

If it's a sandbox, that's great and everything. They'll probably throw some RPG elements in there for good measure.
---
http://imgur.com/8nh2xDC
#28TwinmoldPosted 5/9/2014 6:45:01 AM
How to be a Sony pony.

1. Troll enough that everyone knows your shtick.
2. Troll more.
3. Get offended when people call you a troll.
4. Play victim card.
5. Try not to cry. Cry a lot.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#29Sevi_ney(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 6:48:09 AM
That's just proper rude, mate. I'm offended.
---
http://imgur.com/8nh2xDC
#30darkshadowmasterPosted 5/9/2014 6:59:00 AM
*Just going by the trailer*

Looks like it is Dead Rising with Infamous elements and parkour.

I think it looks incredibly fun but agree that depending on how they handle the game it could get boring quickly *like Defiance did*
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.