So I just rented Ryse from Gamefly

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So I just rented Ryse from Gamefly

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
2 years ago#1
My goodnesss this is a gorgeous looking game! The combat is pretty simplistic, it reminds me of the combat style in Assasssins Creed 3 and 4 with the stringing together of combos. Storywise I am intrigued, I have been playing for about 4 hours and I can see on the timeline that I'm almost halfway done with the game so I can see that this is probably an 8ish hour game.

Is it a buy? I'm not too sure as I don't get into multiplayer very often anymore and from what I hear that is where this games longevity comes into place. I will say this though, if you own an Xbox One and haven't played this game then you need to figure out a way to rent it. For me personally it isn't worth $60 because of the multiplayer aspect but it is definitely worth a play just to experience this beautiful game.
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall

User Info: colma919

colma919
2 years ago#2
Agreed. Gorgeous game. Not worth the buy unfortunately. Like you said, multiplayer is present but extremely repetitive.
GamerTag: ChiefWiggum119
Steam ID: Librarytimeisover

User Info: sn3akywaffles

sn3akywaffles
2 years ago#3
i agree the game was definitly one of those "buy once it hits $20-$30 price range" but i enjoyed it a lot too and would love to see a sequel where they flesh out the combat more and give us a new story
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays

User Info: ComradeRyan

ComradeRyan
2 years ago#4
Ryse: Son of Rome is a great rental game.
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com

User Info: Megamushroom666

Megamushroom666
2 years ago#5
ComradeRyan posted...
Ryse: Son of Rome is a great rental game.

Also a great YouTube game.
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.

User Info: spacejamjordanz

spacejamjordanz
2 years ago#6
It's a good rental. The campaign is worth a play through, but the multiplayer gets repetitive pretty quickly. The gameplay was too shallow to keep me engaged.
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138

User Info: shanafan

shanafan
2 years ago#7
spacejamjordanz posted...
It's a good rental. The campaign is worth a play through, but the multiplayer gets repetitive pretty quickly. The gameplay was too shallow to keep me engaged.

The multiplayer is awesome. My buddy and I have played a ton of it, and love shouting out "Xbox Record That" after sweet executions
XBL / PSN / NNID : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297

User Info: bLiNdSnIpErZ20

bLiNdSnIpErZ20
2 years ago#8
I got it for $40 and it was worth it. The multiplayer is really fun.
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.

User Info: SS_MetalSonic

SS_MetalSonic
2 years ago#9
I will make sure to buy it new at the $20-30 range.
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall

User Info: natrapslive

natrapslive
2 years ago#10
SS_MetalSonic posted...
I will make sure to buy it new at the $20-30 range.

agreed
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So I just rented Ryse from Gamefly

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived