So I just rented Ryse from Gamefly

#1Jiggy101011Posted 5/9/2014 7:57:13 AM
My goodnesss this is a gorgeous looking game! The combat is pretty simplistic, it reminds me of the combat style in Assasssins Creed 3 and 4 with the stringing together of combos. Storywise I am intrigued, I have been playing for about 4 hours and I can see on the timeline that I'm almost halfway done with the game so I can see that this is probably an 8ish hour game.

Is it a buy? I'm not too sure as I don't get into multiplayer very often anymore and from what I hear that is where this games longevity comes into place. I will say this though, if you own an Xbox One and haven't played this game then you need to figure out a way to rent it. For me personally it isn't worth $60 because of the multiplayer aspect but it is definitely worth a play just to experience this beautiful game.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall
#2colma919Posted 5/9/2014 7:59:48 AM
Agreed. Gorgeous game. Not worth the buy unfortunately. Like you said, multiplayer is present but extremely repetitive.
---
GamerTag: ChiefWiggum119
Steam ID: Librarytimeisover
#3sn3akywafflesPosted 5/9/2014 8:00:50 AM
i agree the game was definitly one of those "buy once it hits $20-$30 price range" but i enjoyed it a lot too and would love to see a sequel where they flesh out the combat more and give us a new story
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#4ComradeRyanPosted 5/9/2014 8:10:31 AM
Ryse: Son of Rome is a great rental game.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#5Megamushroom666Posted 5/9/2014 8:14:06 AM
ComradeRyan posted...
Ryse: Son of Rome is a great rental game.

Also a great YouTube game.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#6spacejamjordanzPosted 5/9/2014 8:32:36 AM
It's a good rental. The campaign is worth a play through, but the multiplayer gets repetitive pretty quickly. The gameplay was too shallow to keep me engaged.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#7shanafanPosted 5/9/2014 9:20:09 AM
spacejamjordanz posted...
It's a good rental. The campaign is worth a play through, but the multiplayer gets repetitive pretty quickly. The gameplay was too shallow to keep me engaged.

The multiplayer is awesome. My buddy and I have played a ton of it, and love shouting out "Xbox Record That" after sweet executions
---
XBL / PSN / NNID : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#8bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 5/9/2014 9:25:45 AM
I got it for $40 and it was worth it. The multiplayer is really fun.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#9SS_MetalSonicPosted 5/9/2014 9:30:04 AM
I will make sure to buy it new at the $20-30 range.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#10natrapslivePosted 5/9/2014 9:38:22 AM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
I will make sure to buy it new at the $20-30 range.

agreed
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps