Sunset Overdrive is targeting 1080p, will only run at 30fps

#41bob15xPosted 5/9/2014 11:09:09 AM
blacklabelice posted...
id rather have 60 fps at lower resolution, rather than 1080p with weak framerates.

same goes for any game i guess. especially sports or racing

i would rather have stable framerates. 60 fps that fluctuates down to 30 and all over the place is worse than locked at 30.
#42HypereiaPosted 5/9/2014 11:24:40 AM
bob15x posted...
blacklabelice posted...
id rather have 60 fps at lower resolution, rather than 1080p with weak framerates.

i would rather have stable framerates. 60 fps that fluctuates down to 30 and all over the place is worse than locked at 30.

You're kidding yourself if you think the game will maintain a solid 30 FPS, being that devs are still having trouble getting games past 900p @ 30 FPS.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF4: Hypereia
#43blacklabelicePosted 5/9/2014 11:32:28 AM(edited)
bob15x posted.
yes. Sony fanboys said a game not 1080p and 60 fps was not next gen and practically unplayable.
Infamous was announced to bo 30 fps

then they defended Infamous saying its open world and there is nothing wrong with 30fps. Then they brought up Ryse that it is only 30 fps and not 1080p and its not open world.

so people were not bashing infamous for being 30 fps, they were bashing all the sony fanboy hypocrites who constantly change their tune.

eg. OMG MS charges for online. Sony would never do that, I would not support sony if they did that. You should never have to pay for online, pc doesn't.

sony announces you have to pay for online.

Fanboys - theres nothing wrong with paying for online. It will improve the service and it costs money.

go back well before that.

PSN is perfect. Everything is smooth, there is nothing to fix.

also

DS3 is the best controller ever, its perfect.
DS4 comes out.
OMG the ds4 is amazing, it fixes all the problems with the ds3.

maybe they just don't understand what the word perfect means.

that is a sony fanboy in a nutshell.

in the past.

xbox one, tv tv tv. why would i want that, I just want a console that plays game.

in the near future.

Sony announces their new tv service available through the playstation.

Sony fanboys. OMG this is the best thing ever. the ps4 can do everything, its so worth the money.

and you act like the xbox fanboys dont do the same thing?

*DRM Announced*
Xbox Fanboy: "Oh this is going to be great and doesnt bother me because i have internet connection, i always pay full price for games anyways. This is the way of the future"
*DRM Removed*.
"Thank god. I knew microsoft only did this because of their loyalty to the consumer. They really care about us!"

"Oh. Kinect has to be plugged in. No big deal. I have nothing to hide. Its going to be great anyways."
*Kinect made optional*
"My kinect hasnt left the box since November. $500 well spent"

All throughout the 360s lifespan you get to see 360 fanboys spamming their crap about how their games look way better and console performs much better than the much more expensive PS3
*Shoe is on the other foot this time around*
"Oh graphics, price tag and hardware dont matter. We have Ryse! derrpp"

"who cares about 1080p or 60fps?! All that matters is if the game is fun!"
"lmfao @ killzone online resolution"

*MS loses more and more potential games due to clauses*
"Oh well, no big loss anyways. Just a couple more 87 rated games we're losing out on. And besides, we already have Ryse!!!"

"Haha PS4 has no gamezzzzzzzzderp"
*Finds out PS4 has more games*
"Meh. probably all indies and games i dont like, therefore they dont count as games. All they have is Knack and Killzone! Did i mention Ryse or Titanfall yet?"

"Who cares if the PS4 is 50% more powerful. Microsoft is a software company. Theyll make up the difference with DirectX and the Cloud and then all our games will be 1080p 60fps"

the same can be said with xbox fanboys. they are no different than any other console fanboys. anything negative that microsoft might do, they always find a way to spin it as a positive. thats the truth. no need to be a hater.

being a fanboy is one of the dumbest things ever. no matter whos nuts you would rather swing on like tarzan, youre still a moron in my books. i have 3 microsoft consoles, 3 sony consoles, and 1 nintendo console. pc as well. i like them all for different reasons and they were all worth the price i paid. If i dedicated myself to only one brand and being a fanboy, i would have missed out on quite alot of enjoyment throughout the last decade. thats for damn sure.
#44wheresatariPosted 5/9/2014 11:25:46 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
Oh awesome! More stuff no one cares about! Yay!

---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#45bob15xPosted 5/9/2014 11:29:20 AM
Hypereia posted...
bob15x posted...
blacklabelice posted...

You're kidding yourself if you think the game will maintain a solid 30 FPS, being that devs are still having trouble getting games past 900p @ 30 FPS.

where did I say it would, I was giving my opinion on frame rates.

get professional help
#46blacklabelicePosted 5/9/2014 11:30:19 AM
Hypereia posted...
bob15x posted...
blacklabelice posted...

thats kind of what i was meaning...id rather have a better framerate than a bunch of sexy visuals if a change had to be made just to get it to run steady

a solid framerate for sure, but the more frames the merrier. especially in my racing/sports games, where its already too fast paced to worry about fog or clouds or flowers whatever last little detail in the background.

unfortunately getting a steady 60fps seems to be rather difficult to do so early on in development without making major sacrifices on the bone, but who knows hopefully developers will figure something out and get it together. the hardware they have to work with really doesnt make it that much easier in all honesty.
#47bob15xPosted 5/9/2014 11:34:15 AM
blacklabelice

yes, all fanboys are morons and yes some xbox fanboys did do that but the amount of sony fanboys on this site compared to xbox one fanboys is easy 10 to 1. How can you argue with that?

and how am I a moron?

Ps4 is my main console

I have had every sony console and every MS console . Only company I stopped supported was Nintendo after the gamecube.

I don't care about framerates or resolutions. I just want fun games and I don't give a crap what system they are on.

but the sony fanboys are out of control on this site and yes there are a few xbox fanboys that are complete idiots too but there really is only a handful that are at the same level.

most xbox fanboys stick to this forum, besides a couple that go on ps4, but sony fanboys are almost only on this forum. Its pathetic.

remember its not the xbox fanboys that were issuing death threats and starting petition after petition whining about an exclusive game going multi, it was sony fanboys.
#48HypereiaPosted 5/9/2014 11:41:17 AM(edited)
blacklabelice posted...
Hypereia posted...
bob15x posted...
blacklabelice posted...

thats kind of what i was meaning...id rather have a better framerate than a bunch of sexy visuals if a change had to be made just to get it to run steady

a solid framerate for sure, but the more frames the merrier. especially in my racing/sports games, where its already too fast paced to worry about fog or clouds or flowers whatever last little detail in the background.

unfortunately getting a steady 60fps seems to be rather difficult to do so early on in development without making major sacrifices on the bone, but who knows hopefully developers will figure something out and get it together. the hardware they have to work with really doesnt make it that much easier in all honesty.

Good post.

I just want to state that I don't think either console will be able to hit the holy grail of 1080p @ 60 FPS. (At least not without serious drawbacks).

Also, I am seeing a trend with the Xbone, that they are probably being pressured to push higher resolutions and leave the framerate as an afterthought.

I really do think that's the wrong direction; I agree with you that the devs should be trying to hit 60 FPS as a milestone, 900p -minimum-; and once development and optimizations improve, keeping 900p and pushing for 60 FPS stable, rather than 30 with higher resolution.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF4: Hypereia
#49blacklabelicePosted 5/9/2014 11:50:33 AM
bob15x posted...
blacklabelice

yes, all fanboys are morons and yes some xbox fanboys did do that but the amount of sony fanboys on this site compared to xbox one fanboys is easy 10 to 1. How can you argue with that?

and how am I a moron?

Ps4 is my main console

I have had every sony console and every MS console . Only company I stopped supported was Nintendo after the gamecube.

I don't care about framerates or resolutions. I just want fun games and I don't give a crap what system they are on.

but the sony fanboys are out of control on this site and yes there are a few xbox fanboys that are complete idiots too but there really is only a handful that are at the same level.

most xbox fanboys stick to this forum, besides a couple that go on ps4, but sony fanboys are almost only on this forum. Its pathetic.

remember its not the xbox fanboys that were issuing death threats and starting petition after petition whining about an exclusive game going multi, it was sony fanboys.

i dont know. i never recall so much hostility between people who just want to play their games. hell i dont know how many pixels are on my screen on any game i played, or how many copies got sold. i dont really care as long as it does what it wants and im having fun, thats all the reassurance i need to justify my purchase, but some people are turning this into some stupid little war where grown men act like children and bicker over just about anything you can imagine.

i mean friendly competition is healthy. i want all 3 to stay in business, as i believe it will benefit all gamers. if everybody else folds, and company X is the only one left standing, whos to say they wont get greedy like EA Sports does, and focus less and less about the quality of their product every year, load it up to the brim full of DLC, paywalls and features nobody cares for, and then rush it out as fast and broken as possible, knowing they can get away with whatever they want and the gamers will still buy because they have no competition that the consumers would turn to if they arent happy with it

but fanboys are taking it way too far. as if its somehow their religion, believe that the console they like is their one true god, and against their religious beliefs for anybody else to enjoy using another console. it just sounds that stupid to me.

This board has been loaded with this crap since day one, and i dont see it changing any time soon. to me in a perfect world, games would all be multiplatform and have cross platform online, that way everybody can just shut up, it wouldnt matter what system anyone prefers, and we could all just play our games together. yet that would never happen, and still people would always find something to argue over.
#50SixStringHeroPosted 5/9/2014 12:07:02 PM
This looks like the most original, wacky and just plain fun out of all the Next Gen games that have been announced.

One thing this game has that Infamous has failed to have, even after THREE games, is simple body physics. It was ridiculous on the PS3 when it had zero ragdoll effects, it's unacceptable that a Next Gen game is still using canned and scripted death animations. Infamous suffers clipping issues as enemy bodies phase through walls and solid objects.

It's my biggest gripe with that franchise. Otherwise the game is fun, but it looks cheap when even lesser budgeted open world games have been using body physics for years now.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.