Does Xbox one have remote play feature like PS4?

#1NCPwnPosted 5/9/2014 11:32:29 AM
I'm curious, because sometimes I don't want my newborn watching me kill things in violent games. So I was wondering if it had this feature so I could isolate it to only me viewing it, while still staying in the room to spend quality time with him.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#2AinodehnaPosted 5/9/2014 11:34:30 AM
Going to pretend this isn't a troll topic, on what device would you propose that remote play would stream to?
---
GSW
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/9/2014 11:35:17 AM
Maybe you should actually pay attention to your kid rather than just sit in the same room. Just a thought.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4GladiatorDangerPosted 5/9/2014 11:37:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 11:38:43 AM
Ainodehna posted...
Going to pretend this isn't a troll topic, on what device would you propose that remote play would stream to?

phone/tablet. I thought I read something about that at E3.
---
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#6NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 11:39:33 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Maybe you should actually pay attention to your kid rather than just sit in the same room. Just a thought.

I spend plenty of time with him. But sometimes he's interested in his toys, or his mom, or he is sleeping. Every kid needs to experience freedom and not be held 24 hours a day.
---
#7AinodehnaPosted 5/9/2014 11:40:37 AM
NCPwn posted...
Ainodehna posted...

Ah, you're thinking of SmartGlass. Someone might be better able to explain it than I, but it isn't meant to be a remote play feature as far as I know. Mostly used as an informational tool during media playback I believe.
---
GSW
#8NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 11:41:56 AM
Ainodehna posted...
NCPwn posted...
Ainodehna posted...

Ah, you're thinking of SmartGlass. Someone might be better able to explain it than I, but it isn't meant to be a remote play feature as far as I know. Mostly used as an informational tool during media playback I believe.

Yes smartglass that's the term.
---
#9TBONE_OGPosted 5/9/2014 11:48:51 AM
NCPwn posted...
so I could isolate it to only me viewing it, while still staying in the room to spend quality time with him.

Dude... what? That's quality time? Ignoring the kid while you play video games?

Get out of here with your troll nonsense!
---
Always O.G.
#10SamcroReaperPosted 5/9/2014 12:11:24 PM
Does the Xbox One have a method of playing games in half the resolution, half the framerate and with 5 fewer buttons than the console version? No. No it doesn't. But I can see how attractive that would be and it illustrates perfectly why the world is going nuts for the Vita.

lulz flopic