Complaint about X1

#11BoneRevolutionPosted 5/9/2014 1:20:31 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
"Xbox go to friends" and you're at your friend's list in less than 5 seconds.
#12ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/9/2014 1:20:36 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'll admit, the UI is a bit cumbersome, especially if navigated without voice commands, but I'd have to imagine it will improve. After all, it is an entirely different console than its predecessor. I'm in the "give it time" camp.

Even without voice commands, getting to your friends list is quick and simple. Hit the guide button, go left one, hit a.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#13MRL3G3NDPosted 5/9/2014 1:22:30 PM
i think the xb1 fanboys are more of a menace to this board than the actual trolls

I've seen many people come here with legitimate grips, and they are trolled out of here and called names...

ruins the board... I hate to read the first few comments... it's always some stupid snarky ridiculous comment that does nothing to do with the topic

We all know the XB1 dash moves like a dinosaur right now... I would like to know if anyone knows if they have acknowledged it and are they going to fix it...

we are 6+ months in and this thing is still experimental...and extrememly sub par to my 360
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#14The JackassPosted 5/9/2014 1:25:38 PM
The guide system on the 360 is much better than the way the One works. Will it get better? Probably but right now it's not.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#15Ramsus082Posted 5/9/2014 1:25:48 PM
To be fair I'm just joking around with the TC on account of all of this game-drought-induced Sunset Overdrive hype, I'm no Xbox fanboy.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#16ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/9/2014 1:29:23 PM
How many people saying how bad the X1 OS is actually have an X1? I'm guessing not many.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#17uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 1:30:13 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Marked for off-topic posting. This is the Sunset Overdrive forum, not the X1 board.

Ha, i actually had to check which board i was in.Reflex-Arc posted...
I'll admit, the UI is a bit cumbersome, especially if navigated without voice commands, but I'd have to imagine it will improve. After all, it is an entirely different console than its predecessor. I'm in the "give it time" camp.

I think this is the main issue now that it is brought up. The UI is so heavily focused around voice commands that it actually punishes those who want to navigate with the controller. I don't understand why they wouldn't have just made it work nicely with both.

And while on the kinect I don't like how we can't just have a home profile set to auto log-in. The body recognition is nice enough, but depending on where i am in the room it doesn't always pick me up. This seems like a basic feature that is just missing.

Sadly i still have heavy gamer friends who have either switched all together to the PS4 or just haven't bought an X1 because of the Kinect. I know there are a ton of people here who defend it like crazy, but at the same time i can see how it is off putting to people who want to buy the X1.
#18The JackassPosted 5/9/2014 1:31:24 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
How many people saying how bad the X1 OS is actually have an X1? I'm guessing not many.

It's is possible to not like something about a system you have yet still like the system?

yarl84 thats my gamertag if you care to look it up.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#19TrickyPonyPosted 5/9/2014 1:32:02 PM
The Jackass posted...
The guide system on the 360 is much better than the way the One works. Will it get better? Probably but right now it's not.

As others have stated the X1 makes accessing your friends list much simpler than the 360. The Guide on 360 looks really sluggish in comparison. With X1 you say "Xbox go to Friends list" and you're there. On 360 you pull up the guide which takes a moment and all you can see is the number of friends on, then you have to scroll down and select friends and wait another moment for it to list who's on and who's not. There is no way its simpler on the 360
#20uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 1:37:17 PM
TrickyPony posted...
The Jackass posted...

As others have stated the X1 makes accessing your friends list much simpler than the 360. The Guide on 360 looks really sluggish in comparison. With X1 you say "Xbox go to Friends list" and you're there. On 360 you pull up the guide which takes a moment and all you can see is the number of friends on, then you have to scroll down and select friends and wait another moment for it to list who's on and who's not. There is no way its simpler on the 360

To be fair this is essentially forcing you to use the Kinect for it to be faster. I am saying it should be at least on par as the 360 if you want to use the controller. I really don't think that is to much to ask for.

Ramsus082 posted...
To be fair I'm just joking around with the TC on account of all of this game-drought-induced Sunset Overdrive hype, I'm no Xbox fanboy.

Game drought really goes for both consoles right now. And most games out don't have that consistent replay value. A lot of them have been 1 and done, or 2 times at most. And we are seriously lacking solid RPG's right now for either next gen, whether they be JRPG or WRPG. And sure we have Child of Light, but the side scrolling on that is a turn off for me. I wish it was a 3D game.