Complaint about X1

#21TrickyPonyPosted 5/9/2014 1:45:19 PM
uniquebadger posted...
TrickyPony posted...
The Jackass posted...
The guide system on the 360 is much better than the way the One works. Will it get better? Probably but right now it's not.

As others have stated the X1 makes accessing your friends list much simpler than the 360. The Guide on 360 looks really sluggish in comparison. With X1 you say "Xbox go to Friends list" and you're there. On 360 you pull up the guide which takes a moment and all you can see is the number of friends on, then you have to scroll down and select friends and wait another moment for it to list who's on and who's not. There is no way its simpler on the 360

To be fair this is essentially forcing you to use the Kinect for it to be faster. I am saying it should be at least on par as the 360 if you want to use the controller. I really don't think that is to much to ask for.

Ramsus082 posted...
To be fair I'm just joking around with the TC on account of all of this game-drought-induced Sunset Overdrive hype, I'm no Xbox fanboy.

Game drought really goes for both consoles right now. And most games out don't have that consistent replay value. A lot of them have been 1 and done, or 2 times at most. And we are seriously lacking solid RPG's right now for either next gen, whether they be JRPG or WRPG. And sure we have Child of Light, but the side scrolling on that is a turn off for me. I wish it was a 3D game.

They want you to use Kinect obviously, but even if you choose to leave it disconnected you hit the guide and the game takes you to the dash (much faster than pulling up the guide menu on the 360 by the way) and you go to your friends. In this respect its a push. The only downside I see is the automatic popups that alert you when friends sign on.
#22The JackassPosted 5/9/2014 1:47:19 PM
TrickyPony posted...
The Jackass posted...
The guide system on the 360 is much better than the way the One works. Will it get better? Probably but right now it's not.

As others have stated the X1 makes accessing your friends list much simpler than the 360. The Guide on 360 looks really sluggish in comparison. With X1 you say "Xbox go to Friends list" and you're there. On 360 you pull up the guide which takes a moment and all you can see is the number of friends on, then you have to scroll down and select friends and wait another moment for it to list who's on and who's not. There is no way its simpler on the 360

I think it will get smoother over time, I don't like the fact that it opens up a completely different app(I try to keep as few apps open at once) just to look at the friends list, I also don't like the layout they have used for it. On the 360 once I open up my friends list I can go from Friends to Message to Recent players to Party just by going left to right all on the same screen well not backing out of the game.

You say its sluggish which it can be but I think that has more to do with the power of the system running multiple programs at once. If that OS was running on the Ones hardware it would be much smoother than it was on the 360.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#23TrickyPonyPosted 5/9/2014 1:55:39 PM
The Jackass posted...
TrickyPony posted...
The Jackass posted...

I think it will get smoother over time, I don't like the fact that it opens up a completely different app(I try to keep as few apps open at once) just to look at the friends list, I also don't like the layout they have used for it. On the 360 once I open up my friends list I can go from Friends to Message to Recent players to Party just by going left to right all on the same screen well not backing out of the game.

You say its sluggish which it can be but I think that has more to do with the power of the system running multiple programs at once. If that OS was running on the Ones hardware it would be much smoother than it was on the 360.

FWIW I agree it's not ideal, MS still has plenty of room to update, I wasn't a fan of the whole "apps" situation in the current OS but it is growing on me. As far as OS from a past gen running on current gen hardware..... yeah, it'd be nice, but, really what's the point of even mentioning that, it is what it is
#24The JackassPosted 5/9/2014 2:01:37 PM
Oh I am not saying they should have used the old OS just the sluggishness that it has is because of hardware not the OS itself. Things will only continue to get better that's for sure. I just hope next months update will include the Hard drive support.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#25uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:08:50 PM
The Jackass posted...
Oh I am not saying they should have used the old OS just the sluggishness that it has is because of hardware not the OS itself. Things will only continue to get better that's for sure. I just hope next months update will include the Hard drive support.

Ya I also think things will get better. I just don't like how some stuff feels like they went backwards on. But it is what it is.
#26MRL3G3NDPosted 5/12/2014 10:05:40 AM
I actually still have and play my 360...the x1 dash is NOT faster simpler...period point blank

you can say...xbox go to friendslist, and if it understands that you will get a loading icon...the friends list takes several seconds to populate...IF it works...there have been a few time when the x1 told me to try again later LMAO

on the 360, I hit the guide button, go to friends...boom...I'm there
guide button, scroll over once achievements...boom I'm there

None of this loading crap...if you hit the guide button when you unlock an achievement it goes straight tot the achievement you just unlocked

it's slow it's clunky it's a step forward, and 5 steps back...

I am sorely missing the custom soundtrack option, and they continue to "update" , and act as though they don't have a demand for it...

pissing me off
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#27TBONE_OGPosted 5/12/2014 10:35:31 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned but you can always snap your friends list. It'll show activities and favorites.
---
Always O.G.
#28MRL3G3NDPosted 5/12/2014 10:47:14 AM
we just want to check the friends list fast and easy

do you work for them?

I'm just saying, I'm wondering how this isn't even considered

you can add all the features you want, but if I can't check my friends list fast and efficiently you've failed...

and I don't know what situation I was in, but I tried to snap my friends list and it told me I couldn't...I think I was watching netflix
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo