Sunset Overdrive post-launch DLC plans

#1MrImpatient35Posted 5/9/2014 1:47:26 PM
I initially couldn't wait to hear more about the DLC plans for this game post-launch. I remember them saying something like there will be new things in the "world" every day or something. This article touches on the DLC: http://www.examiner.com/article/insomniac-director-sunset-overdrive-to-get-evolving-content-post-launch

"We have an ambitious plan for delivering evolving content post-launch.

"Consumers will be able to cast their vote and influence what that content will be. It’s something we’re really excited to share with our fans, so stay tuned for more details soon!" Smith said.

Gamers will be able to vote on things they do and do not want in Sunset Overdrive after launch. Insomniac's vision of a living-world environment is one they can update on the fly and change at will. According to Insomniac, "one of the things that most attracted us to the Xbox One and Microsoft was the desire to enable fast and frequent updates," Smith said.

---
FML
#2crucialPosted 5/9/2014 2:07:33 PM
This game is going to be great,wonder if MS is stupid enough to release this when Destiny comes out,I hope it releases in Oct. or even Nov.going to be an expensive year with.

Destiny
SSO
KI season 2
Advance Warfare
LoU:Remaster
Dragon Age 3
Division
GTA5 port

and many others without a release date yet.
#3SparkItUpPosted 5/9/2014 2:10:56 PM
crucial posted...
This game is going to be great,wonder if MS is stupid enough to release this when Destiny comes out,I hope it releases in Oct. or even Nov.going to be an expensive year with.

Destiny
SSO
KI season 2
Advance Warfare
LoU:Remaster
Dragon Age 3
Division
GTA5 port

and many others without a release date yet.

To help things out, if it is coming, the GTAV port should be here in August.
#4NCPwnPosted 5/9/2014 2:12:11 PM
So Gamers like DLC now?
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:24:05 PM
I'm glad Dying Light got pushed back, along with The Witcher 3. Way too many games I want this year. I hope more gets pushed back lol. I simply have to have The Division asap though! And Destiny!
---
FML
#6zerooo0Posted 5/9/2014 2:25:44 PM
Hopefully it comrs in Septembe4r or early October
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#7MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:28:26 PM
NCPwn posted...
So Gamers like DLC now?

I think gamers main problem with DLC is ON-DISC DLC. Or when they start talking about that stuff before the game is even out. This is different to me cause from what I can figure, it will be small changes to the game world daily. DLC, to my knowledge, hasn't been done like that before on console. It's exciting because this is a brand new thing to me. Never played a game with new content that frequently. I'm also excited about being able to VOTE on the DLC.
---
FML
#8SparkItUpPosted 5/9/2014 2:30:21 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
NCPwn posted...
So Gamers like DLC now?

I think gamers main problem with DLC is ON-DISC DLC. Or when they start talking about that stuff before the game is even out. This is different to me cause from what I can figure, it will be small changes to the game world daily. DLC, to my knowledge, hasn't been done like that before on console. It's exciting because this is a brand new thing to me. Never played a game with new content that frequently. I'm also excited about being able to VOTE on the DLC.

^ this...I personally don't mind DLC, but when it is day 1 DLC or DLC that is already on disc...that just pisses me off.
#9gohoanqPosted 5/9/2014 2:38:10 PM
NCPwn posted...
So Gamers like DLC now?

I've always liked DLC. I don't love the idea of on disc DLC I guess... but overall I like it in general. Having more content for the games I love is never a bad thing. Same with microtransactions. I will be surprised if this topic isn't filled with hate at some point though since until now I have yet to see one mention of DLC without it.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#10nableetPosted 5/9/2014 2:45:37 PM
Oh dear! I'm all for democracy, but I'm not sure this will end well :-P
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff